Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Best PPC Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That was a good reading but I think there are some important points missing in the thread. I have been using DS quite a while so I think I know them quite good. Here are the things you need to know.

1. DS revenue depends NOT on unique searches but CLICKS, unique visitor needs to click on a previously searched page. To check this click some of the searches on your DS page and see where it goes.

2. $10/cpm is on the high end and be achieved only if you are redirecting very limited quality name.

3. US traffic is preferable but it is secondary when it comes to niche of the domain. The target area is the #1 factor than US traffic than the type-in level.

4. DS can earn you $5/cpm on the average if you start to dilute your names with low click-through names.

5. I am also ready to help anyone who wants to learn redirection methods for DS with or without affiliate sign-up.

Hope that helps and clear some stuff.

SAF

PS: I just made some calculations for my portfolio here is the results.

%67 US traffic,
$4.89/cpm (1000 uniques searches)
4 cents / click

Domain Summit 2024

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirAlexFerguson
That was a good reading but I think there are some important points missing in the thread. I have been using DS quite a while so I think I know them quite good. Here are the things you need to know.

1. DS revenue depends NOT on unique searches but CLICKS, unique visitor needs to click on a previously searched page. To check this click some of the searches on your DS page and see where it goes.

2. $10/cpm is on the high end and be achieved only if you are redirecting very limited quality name.

3. US traffic is preferable but it is secondary when it comes to niche of the domain. The target area is the #1 factor than US traffic than the type-in level.

4. DS can earn you $5/cpm on the average if you start to dilute your names with low click-through names.

5. I am also ready to help anyone who wants to learn redirection methods for DS with or without affiliate sign-up.

Hope that helps and clear some stuff.

SAF

PS: I just made some calculations for my portfolio here is the results.

%67 US traffic,
$4.89/cpm (1000 uniques searches)
4 cents / click

1. DS reports unique visitors, but it is true that you get paid for clicks.
2. My $10 cpm is with a lot of different names. It takes time to maximize your cpm (weeks) since it takes time for auto-optimization to work. Lately, my cpm has slipped to $9.
3. everything depends on the name. I have some names that get $40/cpm consistently. I have french words that get $10/cpm.
4. true. I use ppc income to help me decide whether to reregister domains. Low to no cpm means I am more likely to allow a name to expire. Really low cpm names I forward to my own websites.

SAF: Are you using DS pops? Which level?

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SAF: Are you using DS pops? Which level?

Yes I do, basic level...

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great thread mask man. Just curious. How much do think the average service makes on an average domain?

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most services split 50-50. In the case of Domain Sponsor, there is a 3rd party, the company that brings the advertisers. So, first there is a 50-50 split between Domain Sponsor and FindWhat or whomever. Then the remaining fraction is split 50-50 with the domain owner. Where there is a referring party (someone who brought the domain owner to DS), then they get 10% or 1/5 of Domain Sponsor's share. Bottom line, if the domain owner is making $10 per day off of clicks, then DS is also making $10/day off of the same clicks (unless they have to give $2/day for the referral).

In any case, lots of clicks from lots of domain owners add up. Everyone wins.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComCowboy
How does DomainSponsor do with foreign traffic? Dutch? Japanese? Chinese?

It varies. First of all, unlike some services, DS does not automatically disqualify foreign traffic. I find that some Dutch names that I have do quite well (like $3 to $10 cpm). Japanese and Chinese websurfers mostly do not understand the Latin alphabet, so they rarely click thru and the cpms are very low. My French and German domains do well at DS.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update:

Domain Sponsor is up. (looks like they upgraded advertisers)

Sedo is down. (although they say that they should be improving soon as they are working on new advertiser deals)

Please check PPCIncome.com for the details.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I shifted my names to Sedo and I will let you know my experiences later in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom