• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

The highest overture terms ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
150
What word or words have the highest overture ranks for searches?

What word/words has the highest overture score?

Not with extension, but without extension.

Just curious as to what people search for the most, I would expect the highest searches are for free stuff or s*x.

Please post here :)
 
I think "sex" has a history of winning the top spot.
 
anyone know of some two word terms that get high overture, maybe something that most people aren't aware of or would be surprised by?
 
yeah.. a good one is "do your own research"
 
well, lets just close down the whole forum then and not share anything with each other ... people don't have to post if they don't want to

there have been times that I've given other members here some advice when requested, whether in a thread or by PM, based on my own experience and research, isn't part of what a domain forum is about? People ask questions here all the time.
 
Huge, don't despair. I take it take dcristo is just in a bit of a cynical funk.
 
Huge, don't despair. I take it take dcristo is just in a bit of a cynical funk.

Your contribution to the discussion was so much more enlightening. Of course forums are all about sharing information. But then there's sharing, and then there's leeching...
 
anyone else have anything to add to the original intent of this thread?
 
What you can do is use OVT for various countries & languages.
The OVT that most people use is for Searches in the US mainly (Searches from Yahoo.com)
OVT data from the international Yahoo sites is separate.

For example this is the one I use for Japanese IDN domains
http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/?mkt=jp

Since I'm only looking for the stats from Japanese users, it only gives me stats from Yahoo.co.jp


You can use this approach & find terms that might be popular in Australia, Spain etc.
 
I've used it for France and Spain, besides US
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom