Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

The pain to transfer a .us name from NSI to Registerfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok,

1) Initiating transfer request at RF for a .us name i have at NSI

2) After waiting a few days, RF account says Wrong Auth Code

3) I call up NSI - support lady tells me that ".us names cannot be transferred between different registrars, that's what ICANN says."

4) I go what the **ck and try to explain to her she is wrong, she insists she is right and we agree to not like each other.

5) I go to RF "Support Live Chat" and let them know the problem.Chat guy says i should write an email to [email protected] - that's what they're telling me *everytime* there is a problem...just that.

6) I go " listen, whats the purpose of this support chat when everytime i have a question all you do is give me that goddamn address", well i put it a lil more nicely.We agree on support guy sending that email to the tim.shor guy himself cuz it's his job, not mine.

7) I again call up NSI, again explain the situation.Now the new support guy says "Well you can transfer it to another registrar but we need to send you a fax to a valid fax number with all the information regarding the information we need you to send to us."

I let him know i don't have a fax and if he thinks that would mean all domain holders without a faxmachine would not be able to transfer .us names ever.Plus let him know that all other registrars don't require paperwork but NSI and if that was for delaying the whole thing on purpose.

We agree on that i wanna talk to his supervisor.

8) After a bit of entertaining back and forth about if he does or does not have a phonenumber of "Second level support" he finally switches me to Kira.Kira is his supervisor, Second Level Support Department.Fine.

9) "Hi Frank, how's your day?" It sucks.Well, Kira lets me know that the name indeed can be transferred *without* paperwork and that she would just send me the required Auth code to my email address.

I say thanx very much but may i ask why your support staff is so damn not informed.She says well the ICANN has changed rules regarding that just a couple of weeks ago and that's why.

Ahh - that's why.Thanx again Kira, see you.

10) To be continued....

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Frank,

The NSI circus, makes you want to spit nails.com.

NSI, on a regular basis...

> receives a payment for half a dozen domains, applies the payment to one domain, and returns the balance to me. This happens even with the payment coupons enclosed. I have an open purchase order there, and they goof up payments on a monthly, if not weekly basis. The turn around time for this is 2-3 months, and in the meantime, the domains are expiring.

> While trying to work out a mis-applied payment, NSI dropped an important customers name. It stopped resolving on the net, and was listed as available for registration. If we had lost that, it would have presented a serious credibility issue.

That said, now that they have put into operation their Partner Portal system, the human factor has been taken out of almost all transactions. Fewer chances for NSI fat fingers in the mix.

The mass change option is also a nice touch, one that I have used to make uniform the whois information (read: change e-mail addresses as the spamers harvest the whois information).

Dave

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry about your 'transfer' troubles.. worry not.. it will 'pass'.. and it will 'happen again' he-he..

i can't help you with your transfer troubles.. but I can recommend a free fax to email service, i've used for years and I highly recommend it for 'inbound' faxes:

http://www.callwave.com/faxwave/index.asp

it's free to have an inbound fax #, and faxes are directly forwarded to your email box.. you can then easily open the fax attachments, print or delete.. etc..

can't 'send' faxes.. but you can 'rec'' faxes and it's a usa fax # as well.

goodluck & happy holiday's Beatz!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Btw - just in case anyone is wondering *why* i wanna transfer the name : Because at Registerfly it's just so easy to change ownership by pushing the name into another Registerfly account.Done within 2 minutes.No paperwork.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
Btw - just in case anyone is wondering *why* i wanna transfer the name : Because at Registerfly it's just so easy to change ownership by pushing the name into another Registerfly account.Done within 2 minutes.No paperwork.

BTW Beatz..I talked with Tim(email) last month.. registerfly IS going to add a bulletin board/chat soon ..so any problems everyone will know right away and all the regulars can help the newbies etc.. a place to hang , learn and teach.
Will be a nice addition

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the first time that I every heard of anyone every having a problem with NSI transfers?rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Took me a frigen 3 mos to transfer an .INFO out.:

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NSI has an interesting business model....

People keep their names there, because it's better than losing them in the transfer process..:eek:

Dave

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NSI is no good..

unfortunately i've utilized them for some 'core' business in my beginning stages of DN biz..... and I regret that I did..

no good NSI is no good.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom