Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Thousands of .biz drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm... better check my 50+ .biz names to see if they are still all there :rolleyes:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey i've just registered 50 of those 2000 dropped names...only for my bonafide business of course and not for resale...:D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Christmas came early for some of us I guess.

Someday down the road, you'ld probably look back at that night when it magically started raining generics without annoucement by the registry and when the world was sleeping, and smile to yourself.

Domain drops? This is the ultimate in domain drops for those lucky few who were there. Without the hassle and uncertainty of LL expired name monitoring.

:D Considering how selective I am, I was extremely pleased to find and grab a very valuable industry name to strengthen my set. Wowweee.. That guy must be cursing.

T

Tee

Hope you guys got good ones. I didnt go for any. I have all I want with biz.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure did tee :D

I just checked on one very valuable industry name that wasn't on any visible list and whamo, it dropped.

Reeled it in with eNOM in a snap. Shot the site and DNS up real quick, just in case it was a mistake deletion or something. Too bad, its mine now. :D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tipoff tee.

I'm into B2B exchange development serious time. .biz does it for me. Hope you do well with your .biz names.

It will be interesting to see how this process continues to "bubble up" through the .biz speculators. This first large list was really only a few of the large numbers of domains grabbed in obvious violation of the Registry restrictions. As more and more domain challenges are actually heard, I've read where 30% or more of all the .biz names registered will be released back into the available pool.

Many people continue to say that the Registry is not serious about reposessing names not registered for bona-fide businesses. I think this first pass says much about the seriousness of the Registry.

-t

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thewitt

Many people continue to say that the Registry is not serious about reposessing names not registered for bona-fide businesses. I think this first pass says much about the seriousness of the Registry.

-t

I agree. Not a good idea underestimating Neulevel's/Neustar's teeth. Domain speculators were making a mockery of the system, taunting ICANN and the registries to act.

Well, it is apparent the raw nerve has been touched.

And even for Afilias, they continue to challenge, even for "facially" valid tms used to secure names like business.info. A LL3 is imminent.

The Nexus restrictions is something to watch closely, I think its pretty deadly, and early days yet.

These things can only bring credibility to the web, and to new TLDs.

It is no secret that the US government now treats the Internet very cautiously after 911. Monitoring of developments on the internet has increased significantly. The registries need to get their act together, and fast.

T

Tee

Check out that forum again. This time I got one too. Will go well with a singing/music theme.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"..when it magically started raining generics without annoucement by the registry .."
:D
That's what it felt like,yes...although with a light bitter taste i have to say as it is .biz - but hey,better owning good generic .biz than crap .biz.:)

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole what did you get? if i may ask?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damn mole - couldn't you keep it as a secret...:D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi ez4u, hey you should visit the www.icann.org forums ;)

Hey Nic, can't say what that name is, as I am working on the release and capture of the .info version :shy:

Thanks for the tip-off, I got drugtesting.biz for a friend, who's motto is "the drug testing people".

Hi all

Since a registrant must use or intend to use a .biz domain for commercial purposes, are there any precautions (in addition to not reselling the domain) one must take to avoid the fate of the domain taken away by NeuLevel?

Incidentally, what happened to those 7,000 odd domains? Why did they drop?

Any pointers would be most welcome!

Thanks.
sas386

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators