Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Today's TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After scouring over the document CIRA sent, I honestly do NOT see what was clarified, and what was ambiguous to begin with. I've inquired with CIRA directly, and asked you to clarify (if you are aware of what it was), and bewilderingly, no one is willing to answer me.

Furthermore, CIRA claims that "about" 3-7 registrars were affected, but they "don't know" which ones because the data is encrypted. How in the world did they arrive at that number?

It's very hard to believe that they don't know which registrars. Personally I think it's a lie.

Every basic log file in the world will tell you the IP where the "encrypted" request is coming from and every registrar must register a unique IP to access the TBR system... 1+1 = 2.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Less than 48 hours from now CIRA is going to show just how much they care about it.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can like it or lump it.

If you think justice has not be done, kick in some money, call a lawyer, and have him go to down to the judge, "M'Lord, a travesty has has taken place and you can undo this with an injunction today."

Otherwise, keep quiet after the TBR is done.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I asked Cira about the Nov 24th TBR cancellation. I received the standard reply but thought I would share it anyways.

Thank you for your email and for expressing your concerns about the cancellation of TBR on November 24.

The decision to cancel TBR yesterday was not made lightly and involved a great deal of consultation with our technical staff who reviewed in detail the results of the TBR session. They used previously established protocols that have been followed in past instances when we have cancelled TBR. Based on this analysis, we determined that the session was not fair and equitable across the entire TBR Registrar community.

It is important to note that the issue was not restricted to only one Registrar. A clear pattern was seen across a number of Registrars. The only fair way to deal with this situation was to cancel TBR. Ultimately, this decision protects Canadians who wish to register a .CA. For those Registrants whose Registrar was among those who could not participate in this TBR session, we have assured their right to equal opportunity to this public resource.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email and I will be pleased to answer any additional questions you may have. You may also contact our Customer Service Department by calling 1-877-860-1411. Alternatively, you may visit our public website at www.cira.ca and click on "Contact Us".

Kind regards,

Jason Lavigne
Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
Tel: 1-877-860-1411 | www.cira.ca
Trends, Commentary, Perspective. Stay tuned to cirablog.ca

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is still baffling me is why they insist on being so vague with the reason. Why not specify exactly what it was instead of saying some field description was ambiguous???

bigbody300

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
** CAN I ASK EVERYONE ***

I used Namespro for my bidding - but i didnt see what others are bidding for my URLS, i just know i had the top bids. IS this how OTHER REGISTARS WORK? who do you recommend?

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jason Lavigne
Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
Tel: 1-877-860-1411 | www.cira.ca
Trends, Commentary, Perspective. Stay tuned to cirablog.ca

This guy worked for rebel.com as recently as last year

Last edited:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what would happen if the power went out tomorrow at Pool-Momentous and 'several registrars' were not able to present any TBR requests? ;)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what would happen if the power went out tomorrow at Pool-Momentous and 'several registrars' were not able to present any TBR requests? ;)
They would send more employees to CIRA :lol:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy worked for rebel.com as recently as last year

You wonder, how did all these guys get so many votes, when you discover a registrar connection it raises red flags, just sayin.

JonathanR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Big day today...will be interesting to see what happens.

bigbody300, each registrar handles it different. Some examples:

Pool.com - No initial bidding, you simply back order a domain. If your the only person, you pay their base fee. If more than one person back orders that domain, an auction begins after pool.com has acquired it.

CanSpace.ca - Only one person can reserve a domain, if you get it you pay their fee. You can upgrade your chances of getting the domain using "front of the line guarantees."

Sibername.com - Similar to pool, but an initial bid is required. This bid helps them determine which domains are more valuable, so they can put them at the front the line. if more than one person reserves that domain, an auction beings with the initial bid as the starting point.

I haven't decided which registrar is best yet...still learning this myself. I know pool.com is popular around here though. :)

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You wonder, how did all these guys get so many votes, when you discover a registrar connection it raises red flags, just sayin.

Ya, thats what I was thinking too. I know I don't have any proof but I know in my gut that there have been some improprieties. There has just been too many things happening that have not been explained.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just minutes away... will it get even more surreal?

JonathanR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm always amazed at how quiet Twitter is on CIRA TBR days. Is everyone just being quiet not wanting to draw attention to domains they want...or are there simply few domainers out there concerned about dot ca domains?

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We're going to have to run this again next week. I didn't get some of my bids in because of a technical glitch. If someone could please tell me who to contact at CIRA it would be greatly appreciated. :boink:

I hear Flong101 knows someone at Pool that knows someone at CIRA, perhaps you could put in a good word for me. Thanks!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We're going to have to run this again next week. I didn't get some of my bids in because of a technical glitch. If someone could please tell me who to contact at CIRA it would be greatly appreciated. :boink:

I hear Flong101 knows someone at Pool that knows someone at CIRA, perhaps you could put in a good word for me. Thanks!

LOL as funny as that sounds you might just have a case...:pound:

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me - so it's not just 1 registrant that has been affected (I didn't understand the instructions - I found them ambiguous).
CIRA should be honour-bound to sustain the level of fairness for all registrants.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when will we know if it worked

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when do the non catched names become available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators