Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

too many crappy .mobi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder people, these are not .com domains..... i dont know why people are regging crazy things like BasicHeading.mobi or BigDesks.mobi, CorporateMoms.mobi.... stuff with Z's on the end instead of "S".... or zeros in place of "O"

this is just desperate guys... i am not the end-all say-all on this topic... but i feel bad for the owner everytime i see junk like this continue to be posted..

while there are various opinions whether .mobi itself is stupid... i think most of us can agree that registering things like TurnStyles.mobi or StairBuilders.mobi or FastFactz.mobi is just sad....

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you'll get universal agreement on this mj.
It's killing me. There are names, generic words, great twoworders etc left.
There's stacks still left.
When people replace an 'o' with a zero i cringe & just think , the only thing this bitch is worth is the $3dnf i'm getting saying zero! LOL
They need telling though or they will continue regging the crap.
I'm not saying all mine are corkers, but i consider the options & there is always method in my madness.
Well, nearly always! LOL
Predator :whoo:

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Totally agreed, most of the .mobi domains i seen here is crap..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Now you're coming to my words :-D

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mn I agree, I started posting the very same thing yesterday and decided not to, the biggest shame is there was still some good size city names available when all these obscure names were regged

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now you're coming to my words :-D

wouldnt go that far.. but i do see both sides of it..

i feel their pain.. they wanted a good .mobi and either dont know what that is or got desperate since lottery.mobi was gone and took l0ttery.mobi or something..

again, im not pretending to be the great .mobi know-it-all... and as far as im concerned every .mobi i own at this point is just a name.. there is no value yet, just speculation.

but i do know something like globalpositioningsystem(s) -- which is long as hell, is worth $17 and l0ttery.mobi is worth nothing unless everyone in the world starts talking in l33t speak..

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People register crappy domains in all extensions, did anyone think that was going to change with .mobi?

so true!

but it seems like those who keep missing the boat on .com/net and org think that .mobi is their saviour!

they are so "caught-up", and looks like they try to promote those crap mobi's in every thread they reply to or create.

:rolleyes:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know talking about crap*y domains, couldn' believe people are paying $25 to reg L-L.mobi, it's hysterical! :bounce:
Predator

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but it seems like those who keep missing the boat on .com/net and org think that .mobi is their saviour!
:rolleyes:
Couldn't say it better myself :eek:k:
But it's true that mediocre domains are being regged in every extension, not just .mobi.

WEBecri

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
or zeros in place of "O"
this is just desperate guys...

When people replace an 'o' with a zero i cringe & just think , the only thing this bitch is worth is the $3dnf i'm getting saying zero!

Last week I bought a PDA
This device works with "touch screen"

My QWERTY "touch screen" buttons are 2 square milimeters small!

The "o" and the "zero" are next to each other and in one week time, I made several times a typ0 exchanging the "o" and the "zero"!!

I reg'ed casin0.mobi, h0tel.mobi, bing0.mobi...

I am sure they will get typ0 traffic.

What the rest is thinking I dont care.
My traffic stats will tell me more in the future.

These examples are not the same as my touch screen keybord. But I guarantee typ0's will happen more often than for example hoetl.mobi or casnio.mobi!
fig1.gif

pda0365.jpg

pic05_A.jpg

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no...hes completely serious.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL on the m0bi typo

Too funny

But for those brave souls still regging MOBI it would be wise to look for the keywords with high Overture scores.

Then pare the keyword to it's commercial viability.

This can be understood by using the Overture Bid tool.

The higher the pay per click the better the likely hood you'll find quality domains IF and only IF Mobi is successful..

This has yet to be proven and one should look at Mobi still as an investment with risk.

I know it's been said many times here but....

It is also most likely to be a long term investment with renewals required
It is better to do a lot of research and sit back and select the the best available names than to reg any you find.

I have a fair amount invested so I am a "fan" I guess you'd say.

But I am working hard to start developing. This is a different kind of domain and it I think it is pretty obvious it requires more than just passive investment.

Good luck to those of you who are investing in this tld.

C.T. Kirkpatrick

aka: Think

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder people, these are not .com domains..... i dont know why people are regging crazy things like BasicHeading.mobi or BigDesks.mobi, CorporateMoms.mobi.... stuff with Z's on the end instead of "S".... or zeros in place of "O"

this is just desperate guys... i am not the end-all say-all on this topic... but i feel bad for the owner everytime i see junk like this continue to be posted..

while there are various opinions whether .mobi itself is stupid... i think most of us can agree that registering things like TurnStyles.mobi or StairBuilders.mobi or FastFactz.mobi is just sad....

That is the reason I was so anti-mobi from the beginning. After seeing 10 newbies post names like that for appraisal and exclain how they were now millionaires because those names were so valuable...well it just pissed me off.

But I'm over that now :)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.mobi - what's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom