Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TRAFFIC Vancouver less than a month away

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i could part with a number of dotca's but for the most part I think I would prefer to wait..... and wait..... and wait. I didn;t easily see anywhere to submit domains. Selling to other domainers just seems odd because you know they want if for the least while you want to sell it for the most. It just doesn't seem like the right place to sell a domain name. Maybe I just have it all wrong.

You might have a different perspective depending upon your income and the size of holdings. We are still buying new domains each month, but many folks are leaving the game, even people with larger 1000+ registrations portfolios. If you are someone who gets $20 per month from parking and you have to maintain 50, 60, 70, or 150, 200 domains you might decide to find a different way to get rich quick.

Actually, what we have started to test is freeholding domains: we assume to renewal costs for a set of domains but do not pay any 'purchase price' for the registration itself. We then pool the domains to achieve higher earnings and then pay the owner the difference if there is a greater earnings than the cost of maintaining the registrations. If it is a loss, we credit the difference.

For instance, if abc123.ca gets $13.25 per year in earnings, and we have a renewal at CIRA, which is $10 in our system, the owner is paid $3.25 but if abc123.ca only earns $8.91 for the year, the domain actually lost $1.19, and we credit that amount so the original owner pays nothing.

Once we get to the point of developing one of those domains, we then agree a purchase or a revenue split, and if there is a sale we split the sales value.

So domain holders no longer have to deal with negative cash flow to hold domains but still get the upside of a sale or development.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i could part with a number of dotca's but for the most part I think I would prefer to wait..... and wait..... and wait. I didn;t easily see anywhere to submit domains. Selling to other domainers just seems odd because you know they want if for the least while you want to sell it for the most. It just doesn't seem like the right place to sell a domain name. Maybe I just have it all wrong.
I am a Domainer, and also a Buyer. Plenty of Domainers are still buying, as is evidenced at the TBR each week.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a Domainer, and also a Buyer. Plenty of Domainers are still buying, as is evidenced at the TBR each week.

I agree but there are higher-value domains dropping lately and lower tbr rates overall, since there is not as much competition as a year or so ago.

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PennyAuction.ca is auctioning 1 general admission pass ending on June 3rd at 6:30pm. The bidding is risk free since if you do not win the auction, you can always use the money spend on the auction towards a discount on our exclusive price of $1150 CAD. For example if you bid $300 worth, you will only need to pay $750 to get the general admission, $300 less than the TargetedTraffic.com site. The bidding will be crazy so buy a good bid pack, if you decide not to use all your bids you can ask for a refund. See my signature for more details. If you are new to Penny Auctions, visit the how it works link on pennyauction.ca for more details.

A penny auction is a pay per bid auction where 1 bid cost $.50 cents and every bid placed increase the amount of the item by 1 cent. The item starts at $0.00 with no reserved and every time a bid is placed in the last 30 seconds it increase the counter by 10 seconds giving another bidder a chance to place a bid. If the counter hits zero and you are the last bidder you win the item at an extraordinary low price.

Let me know if you have any questions.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i decided to submit some of my names and they were all graciously declined even if I placed a lower reserve. Guess I have failed as a domainer - at least to play with big boys, nevertheless renewals are only once a year lol Cheers

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom