Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Transfer Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never thought I would run into this kind of problem

6 days ago, I transfered 2 of my domains from Moniker to Namecheap. Or so I thought, because after 6 days the domains are still with Moniker .

It also so happened that a buyer today bought 1 of the domains. I forgot that I had "transfered" the domain and just saw it in my Moniker account. And then I accepted the buyer's transfer request, from Moniker to 1&1.

The question is, what will happen now ?

Domain summit 2024

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker takes forever to transfer out. But, even after you transfer out they sometimes still show up in your account for some strange reason. I have noticed this too.

Anyway, either way the 1&1 transfer will not go through. Because, it is either the domain is out of Moniker already or it is still pending transfer to Namecheap.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thx Icedude .
Damned Moniker...I'm trying to cancel the trnasfer to Namecheap. They have live support and are quite helpful. I can't find Moniker's live support.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have to call, just use G Voice if you don't want to call Internationally.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If asfas' original transfer to NC failed completely and the domains are still at Moniker then asfas' buyer transfer to 1und1=0 may go thru (is his head working OK ? ie wanting to have any name at 1and1....). Hard to tell sometimes with Moniker, the names may appear in asfas' Moniker CP but in fact they may already be at Namecheap, or they may actually still be at Moniker. If the original transfer from Moniker to NC is pending then his buyer's transfer to 1und1 will not go thru. As to NC, the system will credit you automatically for any transfer failure, if anything NC is too quick at cancelling transactions the system detects as "failed", they're the opposite of BloDaddy where problems linger for months before you get a correction, NC jumps the gun too quick, its system is programmed to do that

Check the two WhoIs databases for the registrars/resellers involved, Namecheap's (based on eNom's own WhoIs, a terrible source sometimes) and Moniker's, if they coincide then you'll know where the domains exactly are at this point

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was transfering 2 domains from Moniker, I cancelled the transfer in question (after contacting Namecheap), and then a few hours later the other transfer was deemed succesful, if this is any indication of the time a tranfser out of Moniker takes.
At the time the transfer request was issued from 1&1 , I believe the domain was pending transfer, showing in my Moniker account and not showing in my Namecheap account...
But since the other domain's transfer succeeded, the transfer to 1&1 will fail, or it would have also succeeded by now ?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker has a militant five-day transfer out window, ie once the transfer out of there is authenticated Moniker will release the domains 5 days from the request date, rarely does it take longer except for ccTLDs. The domains may appear in the Moniker account after they've actually left but they're not really there anymore. If you cancelled the original transfer from Moniker to NC or it was going to fail for any reason then the domain never left your Moniker acct and when your buyer requested to move the name to 1and1=0 and you approved it, the transfer must've gone through

IF at the time of the request from the other guy to take the name to 1and1 the domain was officially pending transfer to NC, then the overall system automatically blocks any other transfer requests by anybody, I don't see how 1und1 could show it going thru to them when there was already an existing pending transfer (note the transfer cancellation may have been requested too late, if so then its cancellation never occurred) so just wait and see.... cuz the move to 1and1 apparently went thru, but if at the end it didn't go thru then the name will still be in your Moniker acct and the buyer can decide what he wants, and good luck to that guy getting a credit from 1and1=zero lol, they're the definition of insanity in domaining.....(the actual registry plays a hand here too so the problem may lie there)

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never thought I would run into this kind of problem

6 days ago, I transfered 2 of my domains from Moniker to Namecheap. Or so I thought, because after 6 days the domains are still with Moniker .

It also so happened that a buyer today bought 1 of the domains. I forgot that I had "transfered" the domain and just saw it in my Moniker account. And then I accepted the buyer's transfer request, from Moniker to 1&1.

The question is, what will happen now ?

Once the domain is unlocked for transfer, the auth code is emailed to the account email address. As long as the first transfer was cancelled and the second registrar accepts the FOA the transfer will complete 5 days later.

Best Regards,
Marti
martij@corp.moniker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators