Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Transferred Domains. Now, I can't access my website files.

Bato367

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me with this?:

So I have a few small personal websites. Websites A and B were hosted at hostX. Due to costs etc., I transferred these domains to hostY. However, I did not download my website files from my original hostX. Thus, my sites are down and I will potentially lose all my data soon as hostX will delete this data.

I downloaded FileZilla and entered my domain and login credentials that were given by hostX. But login fails everytime. I suspect the reason is because websites A and B are now hosted at hostY. Is this correct?

I understand, I should have probably downloaded my site files before transferring my domains but live and learn.

How can I access my website files and download them?

Thank you for any and all help.

Domain summit 2024

Bato367

Reaction score
Use the ip address of my website to login in through FileZilla? I can try... I believe both my old and new hosts use cpanel yes.

Reaction score
You should be able to use the ip address of your old hosting to log in via filezilla. Assuming your previous host hasn't deleted your files or closed your account.
Also it is easy to copy from one cpanel server to another - there is an option in whm to do it with both logins. You can ask your new host to do it. That will not just transfer your files it will also copy all settings, email addresses, stats, etc.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators