Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tread for .mobi haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the tread for all .mobi haters!

first..

Mobi sucks. What is the point of .mobi if you can use .com or any other decent extention from your mobile

the extention is long and horrible :greenupsetw:

ok, next

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a silly extension indeed.. but whatever percentage of chance it has in suceeding with the multi-billion dollar corporate backing it has, i have my lottery tickets - do you have yours?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree with mjnels, thats why I regged googlr.com ;)

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I spent a total of $2,025 on 8 .mobi's.

I have received offers totaling $2,850 so far...

What is there to hate?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spent a total of $2,025 on 8 .mobi's.

I have received offers totaling $2,850 so far...

What is there to hate?

thats already a positive move
good luck

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess many .mobi "haters" have gone through the evolution to becoming .mobi "skeptics" and even further where some might have even become .mobi "investors"....just in case...!!

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
and Google took the name from you?

yea, the example of "lottery tickets" not being successful

mobi sucks, extension too long and weird - annoying

only may few generics has value like sex.mobi,poker.mobi
even that i would doubt , who would type .mobi to the phone, whats the point of .mobi,

ppl only use phones for browsing when they traveling without minilaptop so typing google.com to find a cheaptaximobi:mad2:

mobi- just sucks, i can see full page of .com at my qtek

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one major point is the backers (of which many are obviously cell/mobile manufacturers) will make it their business to make the .mobi option userfiendly on phones, also a default so that you probably wont even have to type in '.mobi.' that will be the default as the phones will be geared to those sites & the sites geared to the phones.
you will probably have to type in other extensions. that's what i expect anyhow.
Pred :cheeky:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
See y'all .mobi suckers next year at the drops.

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all its "thread," not "tread." In addition, I think its pretty pathetic that you actually took time out of your day to express how much you hate the name. You people act like .mobi is going to ruin your life. If you don't like it, or have reservations about it, that's fine. Let's discuss them. If all you can do is type such things as "Mobi sucks LOL!!!!!!11111," then please post about something else and do whatever you can to get a life.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well said seanboy. :rockon:
Pred

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess the REAL question here is:

Exactly how many "mobi sucks" threads (or treads) do we need?

and better yet...

What do you have invested in the failure of mobi? Why so active in assuring it's faliure?

The only people that I can see invested in .mobi failure are people associated with Verizon because they are already doing within their own network what .mobi seeks to do for all cells/portables, and that's going to cost Verizon Millions of Dollars in Private Advertising, preprogrameed (no ext required) links to their advertisers with mobile content specific designs and pages.

Mobi works. Verizon and their position against the ext. prove that. SO I can understand their need to denounce it.

But you guys? I don't get it... why is it so important to you? It can't be because you care so much for the rest of us that you just cannot sleep knowing there might be someone buying a mobi and suffering because of it.

If you are concerned that .mobi is diluting the value of the dot commons, then you are also arguing that you fear someone WILL find value in .mobi... and that's admitting, at the very least, the possibility of success for mobi.

.Mobi has it's own section here on the forum too... why? Because you mobi haters complained about not wanting to see another .mobi thread... EVER. And yet threads like this keep poppoing up all over the forum (thanks for putting this one where it belongs) expressing one's hatred of .mobi.

So now that we are out of the way, tucked into our own section... you still make a concerted effort to enter into a Forum you HATE and post about it.

So this MUST be more than a simple issue of value. This is more than just a disagreement... you MUST have something invested in the failure of .mobi to pursue those that support it to this extent.

What is it?

GoPC

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I think .mobi blows and I stand by it. And if you don't like hearing it, come back in one year when you drop these useless domains.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
simply pathetic ... i don't buy into idns, but i'm not in their threads making such lame statements

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They're regged for two years. Congrats on hating something that you know nothing about. Also, ".mobi blows" is a great argument. You should be a lawyer.

Tool.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think a few non-buyers of .mobi are panicking a little! :censored:
Most of us have invested in some .mobi along with our other domains. I have a diverse portfolio & am looking forward to profiting from my .mobi allotment.
I know i have some crackers, as i know do others on this forum. There is also some absolute crap ones, often cited on the appraisal threads! Really, no different to any other domain extension then?! Or is it? :eyebrows:
Only time will tell as we keep saying.
Yawn.
Predator

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
".mobi"
Ugly TLD. Not a good start (JMO) :greenwink:
It almost made me laugh first time it was mentioned :cheeky:
Ask the layman if they ever heard about this TLD. My guess is, it is a widely known as .museum or .aero (not clear winners here).

Acroplex said:
I'm sorry, I think .mobi blows and I stand by it. And if you don't like hearing it, come back in one year when you drop these useless domains.
That will be in two years then (min reg. period).
Saying that, there will still be a limited market at least among resellers for the best keywords. I'm sure a few people here will break even. IMO 99% of registered names will still be worthless. :amen:

alex_d

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO 99% of registered names will still be worthless. :amen:

That may be true, but wouldnt the same principle apply to most of the other TLDs out there ???

Does, for example, Newyork.mobi have a better chance of success that Newyork.mg/nl/co.cn etc, or whatother extension you want to add on ??

I think it does. If the overall movement from computer based internet activity can move over to mobile internet activity ( including other mobile based devices other than just phones ), then there is definately the chance of success.

Added with the fact that maybe, just maybe, in the future, there is no need to enter the .mobi extension when using a mobile device, then any decent name has a much better chance of success in the "mobile internet world" than any other TLD. If Google, and the others really decide to push and promote the usage of mobile internet, then this could really change the way people view the extension.

Anyway, its just too early to really say what will happen. Will it succeed ? Will it fail ?? Noone knows, and thats the truth. I am sure .com will always rule, but who knows what technological changes will happen over the next few years.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators