Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.
Originally posted by Darren06
Could this be the future?
Originally posted by Spy
Here in the states, .tv is quite prominent at the end user / developed site level.
What states are you from?
Because I would have to disagree with that if you are talking about the United America ones.
Originally posted by Spider
Code:What states are you from? Because I would have to disagree with that if you are talking about the United America ones.
Everytime something is asked about a re-purposed country code extension, someone needs to erect the huge billboards that say the emperor has NO CLOTHES. I completely agree that the average consumer couldn't careless. If your not a dotCOM, you're already entering nebulous territory. TV, CC, WS, NU, etc, etc... got commercially hijacked. Years later, here we are. Still ccTLD's, but .TV is showing up in all sorts of places on television.Originally posted by Spy
.TV is everywhere. Joe Schmoe on the street couldn't care less where Tuvalu is or what .tv really stands for. All they know is if I type in BassOMatic.tv, I can get a neat gift for my Auntie Sadie.
Since the average American has the attention span of a house fly and spends on average a whopping 6 hours a day in front of their television, .TV seems to be something they can both understand and remember. That's why it will truly be successful. (PS... me, I'm a proud American. Pass the remote.)
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.