• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Tweet.in - killer domain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you're soliciting a response, the term "tweet" appears in no less than 50 live trademarks at the USPTO.
 
In the context of a Twitter related app/service there is no trademark issue.

Twitter has said publicly that use of 'tweet' in related services is not only acceptable but positively encouraged.

Can't get much clearer than this: "In fact, we encourage the use of the word Tweet".

Incidentally, their USPTO application for a trademark on 'tweet' was also rejected.

I hope this clears up any misapprehensions.

--

I'm going to set a deadline now - if it's not sold by midnight Friday 6th October then I'm taking it off the market.
 
Last edited:
Not sure why you think Twitter's application was rejected. That's the problem with relying on sensationalist blog posts that have no idea what they are talking about. I posted extensively on DNForum about Twitter's application & response. USPTO has not rejected the application, it simply awaits a reclassification, as 2 more "tweet" marks from Retweet and Tweetpics are in the same class. There is no outright rejection of the application.
 
Not sure why you think Twitter's application was rejected. That's the problem with relying on sensationalist blog posts that have no idea what they are talking about. I posted extensively on DNForum about Twitter's application & response. USPTO has not rejected the application, it simply awaits a reclassification, as 2 more "tweet" marks from Retweet and Tweetpics are in the same class. There is no outright rejection of the application.




Acroplex - stickin' it to 'em since 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhgMz4Ek0So&feature=related
 
@Acroplex Thanks for the clarification. Still, whether or not a TM is ever approved makes little difference considering their stated policy on encouraging third parties to use "tweet".

@britishbulldog - I thought I'd priced this at an attractive level for domainers, given the sale price of tweet.me. What would you suggest instead?
 
At USPTO there are 50 marks already feeding off the "tweet" mark - in various classes. A mark doesn't need to be registered in order to be claimed. Also, Twitter never waived any rights of use; they'd have to fire their lawyers.

I would not have responded in this sales thread but you invited a conversation by wondering why an obvious tm domain won't sell.
 
@acroplex I'm pitching this name at people who may be looking to develop Twitter-related apps/services, and Twitter has said on more than one occassion that they're perfectly comfortable with that. 'nuff said.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom