Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Two Cash Withdraw Thefts from my Snapnames Account --- New Domain Name Scam ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have recently had "2" separate cash withdrawals Thefts made form my Snapnames account on "2" different dates.

There were No Confirmation e-mails to notify me of these withdrawals - found only after checking my account.

The the info on my Snapnames act called both these Debits a - "Return" - Snapnames Moniker Support called these a - "Charge Back" - But the thief and / or new owners did not return neither of these domain names or anything else.

If this is as easy as it was with my Snapnames account - This is a Dream Come True for Domain Thieves & Scumbags out there.

Moniker - Snapnames Support (many support people) has been "investigating" this for about six weeks now with no resolution to refunding the stolen money back that I requested many times --- And so far in reality I have had nobody provide with their full name with telephone number that is working on These Two Case's.

Here is a Timeline & details of what and how this happened - involving the Two 4 letter domains which for privacy (noted advice at DNF) will I call the 1st domain V111.com .com & 2nd domain D222.com - and will try to keep as simple and short as possible and feel free to ask for more info.

On 4-14-13 sold V111.com --- and on 5-3-13 sold D222.com --- through Snapnames aucton at "buy it now" price...

To Snapnames.com Support,- V111.COM - Yes this Buyer did Pay for V111.COM on 4-14-13 and I did get $$$.00 for this domain sale.- D222.COM - Yes this Buyer did pay for DIBK.com on 5-3-13 and I did get $$$.00 for this domain sale.- But I Did Not give the Buyer or Buyer's - Permission to go over to Snapnames.com and Steal the Money out of My Snapnames Account on these two dates -- 5-31-13 $$$$.00 and on 7-8-13 $$$$.00 -- for a total of $$$$.00.

And I am Fairly Sure that "Somebody" at Snapnames - Moniker would have to Approve of these "2" Cash Withdrawal
Transactions..?
- The two withdrawals you mentioned had nothing to do with this theft of $$$$.00 & $$$$.00 for a total of $$$$.00.- This Was Not My Fault and would appreciate a reimbursement on this theft from my Snapnames Moniker account.

Any Solutions or Questions Welcome -

Also does anybody know who you can call who is really in charge at Snapnames - Moniker..?

Last I have to to say I have been with Moniker - Snapnames for about Eight Years and
I do really do Like them and there Company set-up and They have always been Great -
did go a little downhill after Monte and the Great Crew Left... Pat W...

Domain summit 2024

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for telling us / warning us about this issue. I wish I had advice for you. Unfortunately I don't. But I'm nevertheless glad to know about a problem someone else is having -- as I'm sure others on DNForum are as well. Hopefully some responsible person at Moniker / SnapNames will step up to the plate and fix this for you soon.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the TOS of SnapNames for the liability and burden of proof for charge backs, but it seems as if the customer (yourself) shouldn't be responsible if they allowed a transfer out of Moniker. If they didn't, then they should lock the domain and place it back in your account. If the funds or domains aren't received, you should post them to prevent someone from buying stolen property.

I had a credit card that I lost and got charged $1400 in 3 separate transactions (offline local business with a weird name that I couldn't track down). My signature of course is on the back of the card and the receipts that the credit card company provided showed a very sloppy forged signature identical to all 3. I don't know if the credit card company had to pay me back themselves or they took the funds from the company who was charged the card... not my issue, I got my money back in less than a week.

Hope all works out for you though!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In a nutshell, someone - regardless of the sales - took your cash balance out of the account, correct? Did Moniker identify who logged in to your account and stole your money?

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are very welcome and I to received a lot of great tips and info from DNF over the years - Best Regards, Pat W

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snapnames - Moniker Support is blaming this on the Buyers or Buyer of my V111.com on April 14, 2013 and the Buyer or Buyers of of D222.com om May 3, 2013.

I do not know the Buyers who Bought these Two domains through Snapnames Auction List.

They bought V111.com on 4-14-2013 and somehow on with this "Charge Back" got an approval to steal this Money out of my Snapnames act 7-8-2013.

They bought D222.com on 5-03-2013 and somehow on with this "Charge Back" got an approval to steal this Money out of my Snapnames act 5-3-2013.

*** After the 2nd theft on July 8. 2013 with V111.com it left my Snapnames act with a $136.00 debit ---

*** So what the Possible Theifs did was Buy these 2 Domains at Snapnames --- and then Sit Back for Quite a While and then do a "Charge Back" ???

*** So on Friday July 12, 2013 i get the Following E-Mail form Moniker Support:

Pat,

Thanks for contacting Snapnames / Moniker.com

Our accounting team has made that adjustment in your account. For us to remove the negative balance in your account, you would have to return the monies to us first.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Moniker & Snapnames Support

*** I replied and thanked them and did nothing at this point because I wanted to talk to Accounting First to make sure all was OK --- Accounting & Billing in this case has been impossible to get in touch because Suppport says they will do it and it should be taken care of right away - one said they don't have an open phone line.

Anyway what happened between Friday 7-12-13 and Monday 7-15-13 the $136 Dedit mysteriously went away and the Balance went back to Zero.

*** So far the Accounting Team still has not made the Accounting Adjustment they related to their Friday E-Mail.

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Much for the Support David --- I am Sure Snapnames - Moniker are definitely smart enough to have Legal Clause to Snapnames Auction Domain Buyers that once you Buy at the Snapnames Auction and the Domain is yours - no is and's or buts - which is the way it should be !!! Very Best too You, Pat

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Theo,

So far (many weeks) I have gotten very little info on this "investigation" and rarely talk to the same support person twice --- Checking Logins and if there there were Login's should have been done in the first 5 minutes...

I received no Confirmation E-Mails on these Two Cash Withdrawals Thefts which to me is a "Red Flag" right there --- Because Moniker- Snapnames is Super at keeping you posted and up to date with their E-Mail.

#2 I may be wrong --- but Moniker Snapnames is locked into the Blaming Domain Buyer or Buyers doing this theft - which would really be a Stupid Crime to do for anybody because i am fairly sure this is "Federal Wire Fraud" with major years even with minimum prison time --- In other Words it could have been done by Many Different types of People who Steal !!!

Thanks for the Support and have a Great Week, Pat W

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please keep us updated, Pat.
I have a similar experience in which the person I bought from supposedly did a chargeback and moniker took five domains and locked my account. They eventually unlocked my account after I sent receipt of purchase, but they still have three domains locked and I'm not able to transfer those domains.

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will research this and update you. In the meantime feel free to always email me directly

Best Regards,

Marti
martij@snapnames.com
martij@corp.monkiker.com

I have recently had "2" separate cash withdrawals Thefts made form my Snapnames account on "2" different dates.

There were No Confirmation e-mails to notify me of these withdrawals - found only after checking my account.

The the info on my Snapnames act called both these Debits a - "Return" - Snapnames Moniker Support called these a - "Charge Back" - But the thief and / or new owners did not return neither of these domain names or anything else.

If this is as easy as it was with my Snapnames account - This is a Dream Come True for Domain Thieves & Scumbags out there.

Moniker - Snapnames Support (many support people) has been "investigating" this for about six weeks now with no resolution to refunding the stolen money back that I requested many times --- And so far in reality I have had nobody provide with their full name with telephone number that is working on These Two Case's.

Here is a Timeline & details of what and how this happened - involving the Two 4 letter domains which for privacy (noted advice at DNF) will I call the 1st domain V111.com .com & 2nd domain D222.com - and will try to keep as simple and short as possible and feel free to ask for more info.

On 4-14-13 sold V111.com --- and on 5-3-13 sold D222.com --- through Snapnames aucton at "buy it now" price...

To Snapnames.com Support,- V111.COM - Yes this Buyer did Pay for V111.COM on 4-14-13 and I did get $$$.00 for this domain sale.- D222.COM - Yes this Buyer did pay for DIBK.com on 5-3-13 and I did get $$$.00 for this domain sale.- But I Did Not give the Buyer or Buyer's - Permission to go over to Snapnames.com and Steal the Money out of My Snapnames Account on these two dates -- 5-31-13 $$$$.00 and on 7-8-13 $$$$.00 -- for a total of $$$$.00.

And I am Fairly Sure that "Somebody" at Snapnames - Moniker would have to Approve of these "2" Cash Withdrawal
Transactions..?
- The two withdrawals you mentioned had nothing to do with this theft of $$$$.00 & $$$$.00 for a total of $$$$.00.- This Was Not My Fault and would appreciate a reimbursement on this theft from my Snapnames Moniker account.

Also does anybody know who you can call who is really in charge at Snapnames - Moniker..?

Last I have to to say I have been with Moniker - Snapnames for about Eight Years and
I do really do Like them and there Company set-up and They have always been Great -

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Very Much Marti for your checking on this and if you need any extra info or details - e-mail or contact me anytime - And also I thank you a lot for the contact numbers --- The Very Best to You and Snapnames-Moniker.com - Pat W...

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update on This Post: 08/01/2013 - After I posted this this Problem on the "2" Cash Thefts on 7-20-13 I checked my Snapnames account and found out it was Hit again with a #3 Third Cash Theft again using the 4 letter Domain name N333.com which I reported to at Snapnames & Moniker immediately.

So at this Point I was Contacted by Marti at Moniker - Snapnames at on Monday 7-22-13 and also again on Wed 7-22-13 morning that she was researching the "3" "Charge Backs" which "Appeared to be Fraudulent" --- So on this same day a few hours later she solved the this problem and Credited me back the Cash taken on these Three Thefts --- which was great work by Marti J and Thanks to Her Very Much !!!

Hi Pat We have credited back the 3 purchase $$ to your account.

npap.com $ 360.00 vpcc.com $ 360.00 dibk.com $ 224.00 Thanks for your patience and if there are any other questions please let me know.

- For Reference & info on How this Scam worked here are the Timeline Details of what and how it Happened:

- VPCC.COM - Sold on 4-14-13 and --- Charge Back Done on 7-8-13

- DIBK.COM - Sold on 5-3-13 and --- Charge Back Done on 5-31-2013

- NPAP.COM - Sold on 4-21-13 and --- Charge Back Done on 7-19-2013

Transactions..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators