• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Type Ins

  • Thread starter Thread starter eds
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eds

Guest
There's a one word .org that when typed into Overture, exactly as is, returns 3k results for month of Sept, is this worth a reg?
 
Only site owners and competitors type domain names into search engines.
 
Thanks BigFart-new to this domain game. Perhaps I will use my $8 for lunch tommorrow. It was just a one word "word", no
.tld
 
I sometimes "typein" domains that aren't .com, when trying to guess the address of something noncommercial... for instance, when I read today of Bush signing the bill creating a Department of Homeland Security, I checked to see if they had a website by looking at www.dhs.gov -- that actually worked (though it redirected to a subdirectory with employment info since their main page isn't created yet).
 
And as far as people typing domain names into search engines, some of my pages get search engine hits from people who typed things like "www.registermyaccount.com" into a search engine, and that address happens to be mentioned in the text of my site (where I criticize Citibank for using silly gimmick names like that instead of logical subdomains). There seem to be lots of people out there too mind-numbingly stupid to know how to type URLs into the address bar of their browser instead of a search engine. Probably the same airheads who type in their email address with "www." in front of it when filling out web forms.
 
eds said:
There's a one word .org that when typed into Overture, exactly as is, returns 3k results for month of Sept, is this worth a reg?

eds said:
Thanks BigFart-new to this domain game. Perhaps I will use my $8 for lunch tommorrow. It was just a one word "word", no
.tld

OMG..
 
Well, I've just thought that was a sad story.

If he registered it, he could make some money instead of his satiety.

But there was no way to effectively monetize traffic domains at that time.. right?

Not much to say more than that..

Oh.. I'm so sorry! I didn't read this part: "It was just a one word "word", no
.tld"

Maybe I should :sleep:.. I've caught a cold :ranger:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom