• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Typical domain owner responses to domain buyer requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
833
Reaction score
10
I will be positive and will not start the day complaining like these last days...

So just for the fun,

Typical domain owner responses received after been contacted by a domain buyer.
For sure I exagerate to outline how stupid these responses often are:

...

Really, you have no chance!
We own 78..898 domains and this is the only one we decided to develop.
Now if you come with a VERY appealing offer we may consider it.

...

Sorry MyGreatDomain.com is not for sale as we have big plans for it.
Now you are lucky, we own My-Great-Domain-For-Sale.com
The domain is very similar and you should be happy to hear it's for sale and you should make a good deal:
Yes! I am willing to sell it for dix dollar less the other name worth!

...


If you are talking about my-ugly-and very-long-domain.com this is a gem!
We turned down again a 2 millions dollars offer last week...
But now if you come with a better offer then we will consider it.

...


The domain hjhkh-6786.com you want has been appraised by GoDaddy for 32,500 USD!
To be honnest I don't think I will accept any offer under his appraised value.
Sir, GoDaddy is the biggest registrar and is very respected for his appraisals.

...

I appreciate your offer but it look likes you do not know how much domain names worth now!
Please check out at DNJournal.com the latest domain sales:
Sex.com sold for 14 millions.
...
Recently Flowers.mobi has been sold for 200K
So my domain Offer-Flowers-For-Sex.info probably worth more than 14.2 millions!

...

You already contacted me last month about this domain.
The price is just 150% more expensive this month.
No I am not abusing nor I am trying to push: "Domaining is hot!"
You should decide you now because next month it may worth 300% more.

...

Do you have more typical responses to list here?
 
for me the most typical and funny reply is this:

Seller: i sell this great domains-no-price-stated, pm me if u want them

Buyer: i want this mobidomain for this $$$

Seller: naaaah, i m waiting for a bit more

-----------
maybe i m the bad guy but its so funny to say i accept offers and never tell the price range and then reply saying that u r waiting fo r a lil more or that this domain deserves more...
 
This is Johnn from DNF.

I know you as you have spammed me with ton of PMs with your lowball offers.

Now you try to spam my email too. When will this stop?
 
Ive got one....

My domain, *&$*&#*%.com is worth many times MORE because it is "certified".

;)

GoPC
 
We own 78..898 domains and this is the only one we decided to develop.
Now if you come with a VERY appealing offer we may consider it.

lol, that is SO true! "We purchased this last year with the intentions of developing it..."

I emailed a guy last month asking how much he was asking for a great .info. He would only reply with "call me," so finally i called him. He said he didnt like to discuss anything online..I had to laugh, like it was top secret information or something. Dumb @$$.
 
You need a good domain leads database!
 
buyer: Hey buddy, I heard that you got a decent domain leads database 4 sale???!!

seller: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah... buuuuuuuut.... I gotta sell all of my domainz to dam b4 i can sell the database 2 u.... unlezz... you wanna buy all of my domainz as a package????!!! @_@
 
nail meet head. lol, too true. if i get a reply at all they always want six figures. yeaahh. good luck with that.
 
"Nice domains. Wanna ****?"
 
Ive had that the domain is 'very sentemantal and holds family value' what??? its not an antique rocking horse its less than 5 years old!

Thats if i even get a response, ignorance is common!
 
the best ones are when the seller asks a crazy price and then you see the domain dropping after a year or two...
 
I emailed a guy last month asking how much he was asking for a great .info. He would only reply with "call me," so finally i called him. He said he didnt like to discuss anything online..I had to laugh, like it was top secret information or something. Dumb @$$.

There are many lowballers out there sending bulk emails using GMail accounts, etc. Perhaps folks need to prove they are real and legit, so having to call them isn't so bad (it's better than getting no response whatsoever).
 
Any inquiry I get from gmail, yahoo, hotmail, freemail, etc email accounts goes directly into the trash.
 
Any inquiry I get from gmail, yahoo, hotmail, freemail, etc email accounts goes directly into the trash.

Thats pretty silly. Some people use the free services due to the amount of spam and lost emails due to spam filters on their domain email accounts.
 
Thats pretty silly. Some people use the free services due to the amount of spam and lost emails due to spam filters on their domain email accounts.

They also use freemail not to expose who they are. If you are a major investor, company or known domain buyer, why expose who you are and automatically get the price hiked up on you before negotiations even begin?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom