Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed u s a . b i z

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't like .biz, but if I owned this, I wouldn't sell for under 100K .. but I'd be looking for more.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Awesomely Supurb Ultimate name. Obviously a future heavy weight. The USA acronym outways any static pricing formula for the dot biz extension.

I would not consider in current market conditions either. This name transcends market conditions based on it's rarity, familiarity, and collectability.

The USA is the greatest show on earth and USA.biz' worth is indirectly related to it's iconoclastic nature. In other words, it has enormous potential for becoming an extremely popular brand allowing it to reach the level of becoming a world renowned business icon.

That said I am going out on a limb and considering future potential and raw collectability into my appraisal. For purposes of appeasing the realists and actual market analysts a humble market based appraisal is included as well.

Market appraisal based mostly other related current asking prices for domains similar to USA.biz:

$95,000- $150,000

Appraisal reflecting all potential including raw collectability:

$2.25 million - $5 million

We're living in the era of 100 million dollar plus jackpot lotteries and the Pepsi Billion dollar potential giveaway contest. A personal belonging with no true value except that it is from the estate of an ex-president or a celebrity can bring thousands of dollars at auction. Some things just don't go by the rules. USA.biz has the potential to break the rules for domain evaluation and pricing.

Congratulations and best wishes in your business endeavors.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
btw: Smart move for putting (not for sale) by USA.biz. If a cunning lawyer ever thought you were trying to openly sell this name, they'd serve a STOP notice through Neulevel so fast you'd barely have time to react.

I'm very careful when discussing my .biz names on here, as I don't leave any doubt that my names "aren't for sale"---just for the above reason. ;)

I put "not for sale" from the first day I post usa.biz in my signature. And it is definitely not for sale. :) I received a few pm from domainer asking if I want to sell and at what price. I always reply it's for my business, and not for sale.

The reason I put this for appraisal is just to get some ideas from domainer and the paid appraisal service. I need the appraisal paper for legal and accounting for my company and the domain is an asset of the company.

I said the appraisal will be done by paid service, probably sedo, so I aware that you guys' appraisals are more at the buyer price, because paid service will appraise at buyer price as well.

And, thank you to everyone for putting your 2 cents for this name.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .biz

I put "not for sale" from the first day I post usa.biz in my signature.

Yep, you sure did. That's why I thought that was very smart! ;)

Good luck with USA.biz, and try to remember us "little" .biz people when you can. :laugh:

Freakfer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
100 K or more is still a dream I think

Who should pay his price for a .biz ?

I think I have sold USA.biz for 50 Percent of the real value, but I had need the money
:cry:

For my luck I have a lot of anouther good Domains :cool:

The SEDO value of xxx.biz is 12000 Euros so I think USA.biz is near this like SEDO

T.Seehofer;)

ace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SEDO would probably appraise it for US$75,000.00

I would appraise it for US$180,000.00 but I wouldn't be surprised if a large company offers US$1,000,000.00 for it. Even then I wouldn't have a clue what they are gonna do with it. Business.com version 2?

ace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
By the way, how the hell did you get USA.BIZ? Did you buy it or were you the first to register it?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
looks like Freakfer registered it and sold it to .biz.

Freakfer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes I sold it

It was one of the .biz domains which are in the lottery

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$155,000.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Freakfer
100 K or more is still a dream I think

Who should pay this price for a .biz ?

Just about any large corporation, anyone wanting to have a "large" web presence in the US of A, or the The US Chamber of Commerce of commerce---take your pick!

But hey, don't kick yourself forever. Sometimes money received today is worth more than it being received say in a few years time, having adjusted for inflation, and other intagibles. On second thought.... kick yourself. USA.biz is a name that will only appreciate in value. Since ".biz" will be using this name in business it will grow even more exponetially in value as it becomes "known" to the US business community.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
looks like Freakfer registered it and sold it to .biz.

I saw it listed in what I believe to be the sold category on

http://www.domain-spiegel.de/

for $5000 is that correct? Hard to translate some of these German sites. Nice name.

Freakfer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
5000 is correct !

nice deal for both of us

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would have sold for $5000 too. Good sale Freakfer.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Freakfer,

Nice to see you again. I wonder why this site knew the price. I don't think escrow will disclose this info. So, is this your site or did you give the info to this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators