Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ultsearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickjohn

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
>RacerX: Hardly! He was late to the game, circa late 1998, a year or more after the real gamers ran the tables...

No offense, I don't think there was any REAL drop game before the year 2000 when even by then I was still able to grab decent names BY HAND (i.e. without using any script or third-party service).

nameslave, you are very naive to think there was no drop game before 2000. In fact, the best drops were already over by this time, and the "heyday" of dropcatching was well past. Just ask the owner of this board (gregr) ,who got nearly all of his good names well before 2000. If I remember correctly, greg caught over 100 3-letter coms on a single drop way back when. ...Those were the days....

I'm sure greg, racer and others can verify this. Help me out.

Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool
i'm saying that if a name is worth 5-10,000 why would you email the registrant when you could get the same name for $100 in the drops? You might not get it, but you have a better chance especially if it is a great name. i would never bid thousands for a name at namewinner anyway. i would rather pay $1000 for someone to write a script for me and compete for them myself.

The odds of getting a name worth 5-10,000 in the drops for $100 are getting more remote as each week passes. The two most likely to get great names these days are NameFox and DropCatcher, and in both cases the bidding can go very high.

I speak from personal experience when I say that going durect to a registrant can lead to a good domain deal.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i think it is a bad idea.

there are many other ways besides namefox and dropcatcher. there are probably 10-20 other services that are not publicized and sort of "quasi" deals like through the koreans, french, etc.

there is no way anybody would sell me a name like necklaces.net for $100 so i can't imagine the use in emailing him when i feel i'd have better odds elsewhere.

nonetheless, i admire your tenacity

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainSage
What is INWW?

And why doesn't bookmyname.com work at all? Is there another site?

Well it was the middle of the night in France when you tried it so perhaps they took it offline to fix something. It's fine now.

They're not entering into any more agreements to offer RRP usage at the moment though.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Melbourne IT offers the public a droped domain service?

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Melbourne IT offers the public a droped domain service?

No, but they have a good API for sweeps.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What are sweeps? Aren't those the months where television audiences are measured for shows?

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are sweeps? Aren't those the months where television audiences are measured for shows?

Where you go after mid-card domains, that you don't really see the point in using valuable RRP on, via automated API scripting.

Am I giving too much away here? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators