Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Umts +3g

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLICKMARKET

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE A FEW UMTS OR 3G DOMAINS
DONT LET THEM DROP TOO QUICKLY !!

26 February 2002

Potential remains high for 3G services post September 11th - $1 trillion opportunity for 3G predicted over next decade
The UMTS Forum, the independent body which promotes the global uptake of 3G mobile systems and services, has today published its market study on the demand for 3G services post September 11th which concludes that the long term revenue potential for 3G remains extremely high, even with the recent market challenges.

The report follows up the Forum's market study on the revenue potential for 3G, published in January 2002, and examines the possible repercussions of the events surrounding September 11th as well as the widespread downturn in sentiment towards the telecoms sector.

The report concludes:

Service revenue from 3G networks is predicted to represent a substantial market opportunity of $320 billion in 2010 alone, and around $1 trillion over the decade as a whole.
The impact of September 11th on the roll-out of 3G services will be significant in the short-term but will have a marginal impact in the long term.
Issues involving handsets and 3G-service delivery are short-term and resolvable and will not affect the longer-term viability of 3G services.
The demand for 3G mobile data services is real. Consumers and business users have consistently demonstrated strong interest in trying new services that combine mobility with content and personalisation.
Commenting on the publication of the report, UMTS Forum Chairman Dr. Bernd Eylert noted that even though negative market conditions have reduced the long term revenue forecast by around one per cent, the UMTS Forum still predicts significant revenue opportunities.

"Whilst the global economic downturn and the September 11th attacks are significant in nature, our research concludes that they will not materially change the 3G forecast of August 2001, which was based on the assumption of slow adoption globally for the first five years. Nevertheless, what is quite exciting is that it is clear from this update report that there are still substantial market opportunities for service revenues from 3G services. We strongly believe that as 3G services become more widely available, the benefits and exciting potential of this technology will become more apparent to financial audiences and consumers alike."

regards
klick

:razz: www.klickmarket.com

Domain summit 2024

The umts forum posts a report saying 3g services will be strong....That's not exactly surprising is it!

Have you seen any reports by any independent, trustworthy sources?

lol I'm cynical about umts's report klick - it would be impossible for them to report without heavy bias.

If you come across any reports from trusted third parties then I'd appreciate you posting the links to them too.

KLICKMARKET

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
SAFESYS !!
THE LAST POST..!!
I DONT NEED THE INFO !! BUT HERE IT IS FOR YOU !!..TAKE YOUR BLINKERS OFF ??
.........................................................................................................
T-Mobile Selects Nortel Networks to Deliver UMTS Networks Across Europe
date: May 2, 2002

T-Mobile International has selected Nortel Networks to supply infrastructure equipment and services for rollout of its UMTS networks in Europe -- scheduled to begin in the second half of 2002 -- under a 10-year frame agreement announced today.

"The selection of Nortel Networks is another major step toward our European UMTS network," said Hamid Akhavan, chief technology officer, European Operations, T-Mobile. "We are looking forward to working with strong allies like Nortel Networks in building the foundation for attractive and innovative 3G services for our customers."

"Operators continue to seek our expertise in packet core and CDMA access to help them build Pan-European solutions for delivery of 3G wireless services under aggressive rollout schedules," said Pascal Debon, president, Wireless Networks, Nortel Networks. "We are a premier wireless data player, and our strong heritage in building data and CDMA networks makes us ideally suited to deliver new wireless technologies like UMTS."

The T-Mobile International award continues Nortel Networks momentum in the global market for wireless infrastructure. Nortel Networks has recently announced: a two-year, estimated US$150 million 1X 3G award from Israel's Pelephone; an agreement with Orange subsidiary Dutchtone for GSM and GPRS equipment and services in The Netherlands; selection by mm02 (subject to execution of definitive agreements) to supply 2.5G and 3G equipment and services across its networks in the UK, Germany, Ireland and The Netherlands; an estimated US$250 million UMTS agreement with Telefonica for Germany and Spain; and an estimated US$500 million award from Cingular Wireless for GSM and GPRS equipment in the United States.

I'm sorry klick, I guess my blinkers must be glued to my head because I can't see how operator infrastructure costs have a bearing on profitability/success and/or 3g domain values.

sure 3g may well be big as a technology, but how will that effect the value of domain with "3g" in it? Where's the market for these names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators