Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Upcoming changes in WHOIS - How will it affect resellers?

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So we all know of the upcoming GDPR changes coming to WHOIS at the end of May. But what do you think the effect will be for domain resellers that public whois will be a thing of the past?

It has the potential to limit the incoming offers from end users that traditionally would look at whois and contact you through your listed Email. In future will the importance of domain markets increase from this change?

Key changes upcoming:
https://www.eugdpr.org/key-changes.html

Domain summit 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably more use of landing pages to let people know how to contact you and I think it will certainly increase the use of domain marketplaces by resellers.
Now we just have to let the buyers know about domain marketplaces.;)

seek99

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Domain Brokers will do very badly with the new change.
general effect also not be so good.

Marketplaces and forums and landing pages will win for sure yes.

elevator

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There will always be a way out of it, I am very sure of that!

online-paystub

Reaction score
The other sites Same as WHOIS also updating their terms?
If are not able to see the information, it will be tough for the person who belongs to SEO field. because in on-site audit, they check the domain expiration and other things.

elevator

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The other sites Same as WHOIS also updating their terms?
If are not able to see the information, it will be tough for the person who belongs to SEO field. because in on-site audit, they check the domain expiration and other things.
There will be a way to check domain expiration from the registrars. I don't think there is the need to border oneself now, when it is done, domainers will look for ways of getting all those things resolve. We have experienced so many obstacles before now but there were ways out of them all. I think that is why it is not necessary to get oneself bordered now.
BUt if there is a way to stop the matter, then we can get bordered and correct them.

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So we all know of the upcoming GDPR changes coming to WHOIS at the end of May. But what do you think the effect will be for domain resellers that public whois will be a thing of the past?

It has the potential to limit the incoming offers from end users that traditionally would look at whois and contact you through your listed Email. In future will the importance of domain markets increase from this change?

Key changes upcoming:
https://www.eugdpr.org/key-changes.html

Well, I see the WHOIS still working fine at WHOIS dot net - only one I've checked so far but it's June 5 already

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators