Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

URLCollection.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same here!!! My $6.95 was changed to a $7.95 as well..
They don't even respond to email...

Tino

Anybody know URLCOLLECTION.COM personally?

This sucker/f...ker just increase my $6.95 account to $7.95. I purchased the account from him few years back for $300 dollars.

Don't deal with URLCOLLECTION.COM

In the meantime, I'm transferring my domains ASAP

Tino

Domain summit 2024

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did not know URLCollection.com was a registrar.
I thought it was simply a domain market place.

It was one of the first domain marketplace I bookmarked when I started to buy names.
I have purchased many names here, and on my mind it's a place that is associated to: quality names at reasonable prices.
I allways had a positive experience here.

Just my personal feedback about this site.

For the others comments I have nothing to argue, all the registrars have increased their prices these last weeks and I guess he was obligated to the same.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
all the registrars have increased their prices these last weeks and I guess he was obligated to the same....

The recent price increase was .50, URL Collection went a step further and increased it .50 MORE, making it a $1 total increase, Why they chose to increase their rates soon after Enom increased theirs, one can only guess.

I had a $7.95 Enom account not associated with URL Collection, and the price increased .50, making it a $8.45 account, exactly what it should be... and they do answer email. :yes:

As for the party responsible for my Transfer-rate increase, URL Collection claims it was a Enom glitch, however this is what I received from Enom just a few days ago.

When you're a sub-reseller, the only party that can influence your pricing is your Reseller, which in this case is URL Collection as I mentioned previously.

Thanks,
Alvaro

I have been trying to resolve my situation with URL Collection in a civil way by PM's and it's not going well, I am trying to get out of this account with URL Collection and recover the money I lost...Hopefully they will do the right thing and I can move on.

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the "global" price ibcrease might have affected enom's system in such way that URLCollection (my ETP also) cannot set a price BELOW 7.95.
It would be very nice if they go to $7.45, but it just might not be possible.
try to make a sub-account and set their level at 7.95 to see what I'm talking about

tino

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had the same discussion with Enom. There's only one party that changed the pricing from $6.95 to $7.95; URL Collection.

I have pushed my domains to another account; too bad my sub-accounts remain in that URL Collection account and cannot be moved.

Tino

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
the "global" price ibcrease might have affected enom's system in such way that URLCollection (my ETP also) cannot set a price BELOW 7.95.
It would be very nice if they go to $7.45, but it just might not be possible.
try to make a sub-account and set their level at 7.95 to see what I'm talking about

Enom did set the pricing at $7.45, it was only a few days after this, that the price increased to $7.95.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hold on a sec. I know that Steve at Urlcollection is a stand up guy. He's not afraid to answer any questions if he can. I have a few of the earlier accounts at enom (pre ETP) and Enom told me that they are now setting pricing levels based on volume levels. Only the premium accounts went to the mid $7 level and others higher. It's worth another check with Enom as I've seen conflicting information come from their reps in the past.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
$6.95

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will try to answer a few more questions here - again I must tell you this is not my department with our company. I manage domain and websites sales and buys, brokerage services and domain retrievals for our companies online group. We have a full Domains Department that manages all reseller and retail domain accounts, not only at ENOM but several other registrars as well. I believe that I am the only member of our company that belongs to this forum so I am trying to help with limited first-hand knowledge. I have been looking into some of these questions both with our company and ENOM all week long and here is what I know so far -

No one likes prices increases - including me (my budget for domains we own just went up over $125K) that means I have to make that much extra from my side of the business to hit the nut in the next 12 months. My dept. pay's the same as our lowest priced resellers from our company now - $7.95 for every domain name we own for renewals.

Here is some more I learned this week - since early 2001 our company has been one of the larger master ETP's at ENOM with thousands of reseller and retail accounts under our management. Our base rate for all major ext. for all this time has been $6.95 across the board. These resellers that are complaining in this thread, have had till now, pricing on their accounts at the same rate we paid for them. Other words - zero profit for over 6 years on every $6.95 reseller account we managed. No hooks - no higher extra costs, no paid redirects, no forced hosting or parking program - no nothing. Just the rates as charged the same to us. I just found this out - real bad business on our companies part and ENOM in my opinion. This is the first price increase we raised to any account in over 6 years. I can assure it will not be the last. ENOM does have a new tier pricing model and our Domains Department will be using that as a guide to re-adjust pricing on accounts over the next year or so. The more domains under management – the cheaper the prices but never below the $7.95 base rate. Do not like the increase – then take your domains and leave. That is the new attitude as I understand it, not only from our company and I guess ENOM, but from a number of registrars that I know. The basic reason here is that no company can run any kind of support department with 800 numbers and email support, 12 hours a day – 7 days a week for free.

Next – this Raider Girl in this thread claims she bought a reseller account from our company which is wrong. We never sold her an account of any kind. Never even heard of her before. Guess we never sold very many accounts at all – usually just set them up for free. She bought this account she is complaining about from a sub account of ours. True it appears that her transfer in rates (as well as some other accounts) raised in mid 2006 and from I have found out from ENOM – it was a glitch that happened after they offer a reduced transfer rate as a promo. When the sale was over – for some reason the accounts transfer in rate only, jumped to $7.95. Our domains department tells me they tech supported a few that contacted them and the rates were re-set to $6.95 by ENOM when they were notified. They say they never heard a word from this Raider Girl’s account so they could never have know that her account was affected. This person now has demanded that our company refund what she paid another person for the account in full, over 2 ½ years ago. From what I saw in her account, only a limited number of her transfers were affected. I went to bat for her with ENOM and our company and they both say – no refund. I even offered to pay her the difference out of my pocket – instead she wants to play it out on this thread. If she did not like the price at the time she should not have made the transfers and should have sought immediate tech support. Instead of after the fact, in an open forum over a year later. Kind of like complaining that I had to pay $3.40 a gallon for 680 gallons of gas today to fill up my boat – a year or so later. Bet Mobil Oil would be standing in line to help me out then.

Last – the lowest price any reseller account can be set at ENOM right now is $8.95 – that is their suggested bottom line reseller price right now, I have been told. No ETP or reseller can set an account any lower than that – give it a try. We asked them to reset all accounts at $7.95 to try and save our client base some funds. I have been told that will yield a profit to our company on every domain year of .50 or actually about 7% gross profit, before charge backs, fraudulent transactions, etc. Do the math folks – that is a pretty small margin for any business group to work on before expenses. Takes a great deal of volume to pay the overhead at those small numbers – glad it is not my department. If you do not like your account under our management – contact ENOM and I will personally approve the move of your account to their management if they want to do it (I have heard that the price might be more). This is the last post I plan to remit on this issue on this forum. Please PM me or email me and I will help any way I can or PLEASE contact our Domains Department. Appreciate the support from a few of my old friends in this thread but I do not think these few folks complaining here have a problem with me as much as they have a problem with the price increases – or maybe just a problem period - Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators