Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Valuations / Appraisals

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shak

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this message comes across in the wrong way, trust me that is NOT the intention.

Basically what I am trying to work out is why I get so many people offering me domains for sale, and then saying ????? or JohnDoe at ????? appraised it for £000000

At the end of the day what valuation models are being used when valuing these domains, and are most valuers prepared to put their money where their mouth is.

Personally I try and keep away from appraising domains, unless I have detailed analysis along with an interest in acquiring that domain.

Shak

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My estimate is that 99.9% are not prepared to put their money where their mouth is. It is mostly wishful thinking that the values are high.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are valuation services that are living in the past and ripping off amateur speculators. For example, my domain sexelf.com was valued at $300,000, but the best offer I got for it was $10. I didn't pay a fee for that valuation as it seems that the fee is often more than the worth of the domain.

A

Addictive

The best way to get your domain appraised is places like this forum. That way you get the idea of the price from people who may actually be willing to buy it/them.
I would never pay for an appraisal especially after i have seen the quality of the appraisals here.
that reminds me i need to buy a domain name soon but no idea what i want it to be about :9 oh well

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The problem with valuations here is that all mine are valued at $0-$5.

A

Addictive

with respect and im not trying to insult you but it could be that the domain names you have picked can't be that good.
sorry

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainPairs
The problem with valuations here is that all mine are valued at $0-$5.

Don't let that stop you!
One mans trash....is one mans treasure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom