Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

VBulletin 3 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where in the admin control panel do you make another user admin?

How do you edit the forum rules. The ones that come up when you click register on a Vbulletin 3 forum?

Where's the best spot to get Vbulletin 3 skins?

If you know the answers please tell me I dunno if I got any forum money but if I do I'll give you it. :) Thanks

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
VBStyles.com has a few styles for sale. 29 bucks each, but they are all pretty nice.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the install directory in file vbulletin-language.xml you will find the forum rules...

<phrase name="forum_rules_description"><![CDATA[<p><strong>Forum Rules</strong></p>

<p>Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click <a href="{1}">here</a>
to return to the forums index.</p>

<p>Although the administrators and moderators of {2} will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, and neither the owners of {2}, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin)
will be held responsible for the content of any message.</p>

<p>By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.</p>

<p>The owners of {2} reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.</p>]]></phrase>

To set a user to be an Administrator you would go to (in the admin cpanel) Users > Search for Users > (enter username or select Show All Users) > select the user you want to switch permissions > unser Usergroup Options > change from Registered Members to Administrator (or whatever else)

VBstyles.com as Jonathan mentioned...and I also have about 20 or so I do not use anymore. Although, I am not sure if they allow them to be resold.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Guess the DNF$ you said you were giving isn't happening. You had $69 the other day, but I guess spent it and didn't answer my PM's. I see how it is. :)

Tony said:
I dunno if I got any forum money but if I do I'll give you it.

So I guess he made it clear that there might not be any, should have answered PM's though if he's been here.

F$45 donated to counter any discouragement - keep helping :)

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nother question, hope you don't mind Tony

Can you import alll the info from an invision board to a new Vbulletin board?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No problem. Not discouraged. Although, I appreciate your donation as it was not needed for me to continue helping. Thanks anyways.

Tony

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JDK sent you forum money I had to buy more from bank I owed someone forum money already.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators