Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed Vendée.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thoughts on Vendée.com, a french IDN. Vendée is a département in west central France, on the Atlantic's Bay of Biscay. The name Vendée is taken from the Vendée river which runs through the south-eastern part of the département.

Check Google for Vendée, about 4,670,000 sites dedicated to the city.

Overture France - 7740 vendee
Overture France - 52 vendee.com

Also check the fantastic information at Wikipedia.

Had 50 views so far this month.

Thanks,
Richard

Domain Summit 2024

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Given Japanese prefectures are already going for $1,500 (from $400 a month ago), I would say this is worth about $1,000 and increasing. Very rough estimate, taking into account that Japan is the 2nd largest economy in the world vs France 5th.

Give it some time and you'll see much more, as it seems to be a great tourist destination.

What's CTR like?

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the appraisals guys. CTR is 17.31% but traffic has dipped surprisingly this month. I will be developing this domain if no sale is made in the near future.

Richard

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
I was wondering why someone would be so helpless to someone else. Then I saw the thread. What getting a little jealous?

Oh yeah, very very jealous :lol:

Edit : forgot to mention --> Would say high $$ low $$$ to a IDN fan, good luck with the name anyway...

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Make objective statements or get moving Colbert, you're corrupting this thread and you're making an ass out of yourself.

on-topic; it seems the french dn-market is not very active at all, let alone IDN's but if it receives decent natural(i.e. no dn-investors) type-ins at this point it could mean that the french surfer is already trying to access domains in the "correct" spelling.
I am not sure how to evaluate french domains but I know french people are generally quite "stubborn" in using their own language and I can't imagine the french wanting to type everything in non-accented characters if they had the option not to, it wouldn't fit "their" profile so to speak. For the short term I see a high $xxx in the reseller market, mid+ $xxx is more likely however. Just hold on to this name and wait and see how(/if) the french speaking surfers will get on the IDN band wagon.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bramiozo said:
Make objective statements or get moving Colbert, you're corrupting this thread and you're making an ass out of yourself.

on-topic; it seems the french dn-market is not very active at all, let alone IDN's but if it receives decent natural(i.e. no dn-investors) type-ins at this point it could mean that the french surfer is already trying to access domains in the "correct" spelling.
I am not sure how to evaluate french domains but I know french people are generally quite "stubborn" in using their own language and I can't imagine the french wanting to type everything in non-accented characters if they had the option not to, it wouldn't fit "their" profile so to speak. For the short term I see a high $xxx in the reseller market, mid+ $xxx is more likely however. Just hold on to this name and wait and see how(/if) the french speaking surfers will get on the IDN band wagon.

Great post Bramiozo. I think the profit in this name is in the development. I will re-post in this thread once I have developed, and again when I make a sale :)

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bramiozo said:

I am not sure whos the ass here.
I already mentioned in several threads that the market for French IDNs does NOT exist.

You IDN believers are living in a strange world, where a couple of sales make you think that you found a gold mine. Pathetic since the recognition rate for French IDN, if any, will take a LONG time (without mentioning the technology may completely change within few years) and France is a market that you do NOT know anything about.

At last it is boring to see the same appraisal threads again and again.
Ok unleash the dog now.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't believe a simple appraisal thread results in posts like these. You are correct in saying that the French IDN "if any" may take a long time to be recognised. But as other people on DNF has said, there has already been French IDN sales, and french Websites are already using IDN's for their domains.

I certainly believe, with the traffic this domain has got, and the IDN itself, can hold good value, either now or a couple of years down the line. I personally am going to bet with myself that I can develop this domain and make a X,XXX sale.

It maybe boring to see the same appraisal threads. But as you know, the domain market can change very quickly in either direction. The last appraisal I asked for was around 5/6 months ago.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was just my 2 cents.
I really wish you will get a good amount of money with this domain, which would be a good sign of market recovery for French domains :)
Good luck.

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Colbert said:
I am not sure whos the ass here.
I already mentioned in several threads that the market for French IDNs does NOT exist.

You IDN believers are living in a strange world, where a couple of sales make you think that you found a gold mine. Pathetic since the recognition rate for French IDN, if any, will take a LONG time (without mentioning the technology may completely change within few years) and France is a market that you do NOT know anything about.

At last it is boring to see the same appraisal threads again and again.
Ok unleash the dog now.

The market does not exist because IDN's do not exist for the endusers yet, áll sales are based on pure speculation so the existence of ány high-end idn sales merely affirms the (at least) possible potential of idn's.
You may be knowledgeable on the french dn-market, you know very little (as do we) about the french idn-market and it would be shortsighted to dismiss french IDN's purely based on the fact that there's very little activity in the normal dn-arena.

I'll give you this much, the french dn-market is very weak in itself and that doesn't promise a good start for IDN's, if there will be a standardisation of french IDN's it will take some time but can you predict how the french web surfers will respond to IDN's ?

It's all in how you say things Colbert, not for one second did I have the impression you were taking the intended readers of your posts serious, we're not prophets, neither are you so please drop the arrogance.

(the dog is still on a leash)

Colbert said:
Was just my 2 cents.
I really wish you will get a good amount of money with this domain, which would be a good sign of market recovery for French domains :)
Good luck.

Good luck with yours, you trade in french dn's I presume :wink:

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Colbert said:
Was just my 2 cents.
Good luck.

Thank you :)

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Colbert said:
Was just my 2 cents.
Good luck.

Well I don't know about you, but to me domains are worth money because they get visitors and revenue. I have several french idns that are getting
30+ visitors and a couple $ a day. So the french idns don't exist? Tell that to the people typing in the domains on a daily basis in their browser. And this is with a very small percentage of idn accessible browsers.

The times are a changing but I guess the largest domain forum on the net with new idn sections maybe a no sign of a change in the markets, along with the traffic, sales, websites going up, browser support, search engines recognizing them. Your right we are all totally off base.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Colbert said:
Was just my 2 cents.
Good luck.

Out of curiousity Colbert, seen as though you live in France is Vendée popular over there? I have read material and it seems popular with tourists etc, just like to know your thoughts.

Do you know of any french hotel databases?

Richard

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bramiozo said:
It's all in how you say things Colbert, not for one second did I have the impression you were taking the intended readers of your posts serious, we're not prophets, neither are you so please drop the arrogance.

No prophet here, no arrogance either :)
I am simply saying that we have a strong uncertainy factor in our market since nobody knows in which direction the internet (and domain names in our case) will roll. Might be a drastic change for all of us, domainers. So for IDNs, the factor is even stronger.
That was my point - sorry if it did not clearly appear in my initial posts - must improve my english maybe :)

Sarcle said:
Well I don't know about you, but to me domains are worth money because they get visitors and revenue.

Well, do not worry about me.
Just the first domain in my signature might enlight you on this subject.

rawkinrich said:
Out of curiousity Colbert, seen as though you live in France is Vendée popular over there? I have read material and it seems popular with tourists etc, just like to know your thoughts.

Do you know of any french hotel databases?

Richard

Yes, vendee is a quite popular area for tourism, with beautiful beaches and many other places of interest.

Concerning the database, sorry, I don't.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Colbert said:
Yes, vendee is a quite popular area for tourism, with beautiful beaches and many other places of interest.

Concerning the database, sorry, I don't.

No problems, thanks again :eek:k:

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Colbert said:
Well, do not worry about me.
Just the first domain in my signature might enlight you on this subject.

What? That has nothing to do with what I said. They get traffic with limited browser support and consumer awareness! The end.

You have said nothing to counteract this claim. Gloss over it all you want but the fact remains that these already have the traffic when you say the French don't care about them. Sorry.

Romain

DNF Veteran
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to add my 2c to this topic :p

I would compare french IDN market to the 3-letters .com market:
A lot of french IDN might seem to be good keywords and certainly they are, but only a few will find their right end user who'll pay the good amount of $
I have a few french IDN who get some traffic and I'm sure this traffic will increase over time, but I seriously think this is the only value of most french IDNs. I can't predict what will happen in a few years, cause if I could I 'd be rich, but I can say that this will be very messy with the apparition of IDNs and there will be a lot of TM infrigments:
For example, what will the administrators of vendee.com do when they'll notice your try to run a website on vendée.com?

Keep also in mind that, in france, one of the first things we learn is to not to use accents in domain names so people will be lost and, I'm sure, at least 50% of those who want to visit vendée.com won't know which domain to type-in: vendee.com or vendée.com ?
It's like if there were suddenly a new sort of IDNs who allow the use of spaces... Wouldn't this be a great deal for domainers? But what about end-users, will they make all their marketing and stuff on a "spacy" domain? I don't think so, and that, for the same reasons as our accents: people have learnt for years to not make use of spaces in domains. French accents and spaces are exactly the same thing!

Concerning the appraisal of your domain vendée.com, I don't think it has much value, maybe low to mid $xxx at the maximum.
But as it works for all domains, we never know...

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom