Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed Vendée.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
- Romain - said:
Good luck!

Very good well rounded post that looks at all the possibilities and acknowledges the current traffic and use.

A few things I see.

There will be tm cases without a doubt. And Company names should, and have a right to. As far as I see vendée is a generic term. Many sites use this in a website name with the .com attached. How a website owner views this and a wipo judge views this are two different things. But I would suspect that if vendee can be used in many applications with the .com then I can't possibly see this as a problem.

As far as what people are taught, people can be untaught also. This is just a matter of schools telling children, children telling parents, parents telling friends, ect. ect. This wont happen overnight but with the traffic these have currently I can't see it taking to long to catch on.

As far as the space in domains I also thought it was a no-no in english domains but just last night I saw "M&Ms" using it on tv for their new chocolate bar website. The use of the word "never" is such a strong stance. When things seem to change constantly

Domain Summit 2024

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
About the tm-infringement, it's 1-0 for idn's : a german judge ruled that the non-idn kettenzuege.de does not grant any rights over the idn kettenzüge.de.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/41566

But yes, tm-infringements will be one of the holes in the road.

I do no agree that spaces are in effect equal to accents for the obvious reason that accents are part of single words,spaces are seperators and as such they are not of importance since they (if need be) can be replaced by a dash, dash/space is merely a matter of estethics.

Also, you confirm what I already suspected, the french dn-market is pretty much dead if it weren't for ctr-revenue's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom