• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Very very popular acronym .ms un-regged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stew2yk

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
333
Reaction score
0
Are .MS domains worth shelling out 30 bucks for even if the domain is very very good? MS could be interpreted as Microsoft, like TV was for television??

Any Thoughts?

Thanks
 
IMO not the best TLD for domain hacks and .ms does not enjoy the same recognition as .tv
 
I know but i HAVE A VERY VERY GOOD ACRONYM.MS
 
I know but i HAVE A VERY VERY GOOD ACRONYM.MS


You have an acronym.ms, I have acrony.ms (and synony.ms and ony.ms) :cheer2: :whoo:
 
Im talking about a global acronym used all over the world twice over!
 
I have registered:

whi.ms (developed and active as a domain name site)
wha.ms (potential for fun/humor site)
stru.ms (planned for guitar playing site)
stea.ms (planned for steam cooking and recipe site)
hare.ms (obvious adult potential)
pri.ms (woman's beauty products)
tri.ms (diets and dieting or weight lose products)
cra.ms (study and study aids or obvious adult potential)
foa.ms (beach, beach rental or obvious adult potential)
maxi.ms (popular men's magazine)
swi.ms (olympic sports, competition swimming, top beach spots, etc)

Just decided to do this on a whim, reg domain names that are actually words and have potential for development.
 
I could of got poker,sex,casino in many cctld;s just 18 months ago i chose not to and there were lots available,i suppose i should of regged one or two but for the sake of $30 just do it !
 
I could of got poker,sex,casino in many cctld;s just 18 months ago i chose not to and there were lots available,i suppose i should of regged one or two but for the sake of $30 just do it !
I see value of at least 30 bucks in each one of those, most likely more. Nearly every ccTLD with those keywords are selling on the secondary market for nice profits. If you find it, go for it. What are you going to loose...$30.00? How much have you lost on domains in the past? How much have you made?

Jump on in and get your feet wet! :approve:

You have an acronym.ms, I have acrony.ms (and synony.ms and ony.ms) :cheer2: :whoo:
Are you planning on developing those? I think if you do it would be great to bring more of those words into mainstream.
 
...
Are you planning on developing those? I think if you do it would be great to bring more of those words into mainstream.

Yes I have a plan for them. If I can find the time, a good database to start with and some funds for hosting I will develop them.
 
Yes I have a plan for them. If I can find the time, a good database to start with and some funds for hosting I will develop them.
Excellent! I think that is what the value here is...the extension creates the word and the word itself is brandable.

The extension certainly is not the most popular in the world, but neither is .us yet we all know the success of http://del.icio.us.

Just takes a little brainstorming and planning and you never know what may come of your $30 reg fee.
 
I have sympto.ms and feelin.gs

But that does not answer the original question. It would depend on the acronym, I think. Stay away from trademarks.
 
IMHO, if its bothering you then its worth regging at $30 for a year. I have lost many because I'm usually too busy deciding ....:lol:

Good luck to you all ;)
 
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you saying, I'm not the only one ???? :lol: :approve:
Yup! See, I just took one away from you while you were thinking about it. :cool:
 
cpu.ms was the name I was thinking of
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom