• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

vi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

picassofacepicassoface is verified member.

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
9,718
Reaction score
85
I was perusing afternic's names for sale, looking for good ones to list on VIPdomains.com and came across this one - vi.com
The owner's asking price is $185,000 . Granted, that's alot of money, but in my opinion for this name - a Bargain. I think he could get at least 1 million for it. So if any of you rich guys is looking for a bargain, I found one for you :)
Would love to hear everyone else's estimate of this domain....



note: I do not OWN the above mentioned domain name.
 
Google only returns 500,000,000 results before it breaks. :) However, given the choice and the money, I would prefer a commonly used dictionary word like on.com or if.com etc. Perhaps a bit more costly though.
 
on.com sold for $635,000 last year. But I think the sky's the limit for great 2 letter dot coms.
vi could mean - Video Internet, Virtual Internet, etc....
 
I think its fair market price, not particularly a good or a bad deal. however if you want to keep the name atleast for a year than this might not be a bad investment
 
Google only returns 500,000,000 results before it breaks. :)

might have got the wrong end of the stick - but Results 1 - 10 of about 1,010,000,000 for music :)
 
not nearly as good as a one word 3 letter .com
 
Hello Picasso,

I recently had a conversation with someone at BuyDomains.
The conversation turned to the "bargain" meaning.
I said that for me bargain is when the price is really under the CURRENT appraised or market value, and not the hypothetical future value.

I already seen vi.com for sale few months ago.
Look likes it has still not be sold, strange for a "bargain".

Yes, there are people/company with a lot of money, these investors have people searching for great opportunities everydays.
Did you think they may have missed Afternic portfoliio and this name if it was a terrific bargain?

I do not think.
Look for example how much few of them bid at SnapNames...

For me this is a high valued domain but is not part of the best ones.
It's a very nice acronym that can be used for a new service as you suggest.
It has a very hot brandability, now as a type-in money generator or as a very popular keyword in a hot industry, it has poor value.

Current pricing look likes fair for me TODAY because they are really better names for that price.


...
 
Cyber, I see what you mean and kinda agree. But with top quality names, you never can tell. If I owned it, I'd ask for $1m and hold onto it like grim death until a buyer came along :) Plus, I'd heavily advertise it to increase possible buyers. "Market value" is not a good indicator for great names. For a 3 letter non word, like xpa.com , sure it's easy to say "similar names only fetch.....etc".
 
Thanks, the best I could find was 'in' 6,420,000,000.

Results 1 - 10 of about 8,050,000,000 for a :smilewinkgrin:

could be worth starting a topic to discover google top keywords
 
Results 1 - 10 of about 8,050,000,000 for a :smilewinkgrin:

could be worth starting a topic to discover google top keywords


Results 1 - 10 if about 11.070.000.000 for www

But to stay on topic: I think any price from $75K up is a fair price for vi.com at this moment. Unless a domain is generating steady revenue appraisal values should be priceranges, not single values. LL is very rare and historic sales data tell us $75K is not a bad price, but $250K would not surprise me either. For a million I can think of far better buys.
 
Irrespective of a post above, the top LL.com sales for 2006/7 are:

On.com..............$635,000
CD.com..............$277,750
VB.com..............$130,000
EX.com..............$126,160
FJ.com...............$105,000
TJ.com..............$105,000
VN.com..............$100,000 (This year)
HB.com..............$100,000
YG.com...............$95,000

(These results are taken from DNJournal).
 
I like the tj.com homepage :D
 
Picasso, in part you are true.

You cannot predict if tomorrow a well funded company decide that is the domain they want and no other. If this company have a lot of money and motivation and yourself you are a fine seller than the name could be sold for this magic million ammount.

Now, if you only have 200K in your pocket, I am not sure it's the better buying option.

...
 
"vi" returns so many results because of the popular editor for *nix/linux
Otherwise, at $185k it's on the expensive end of 2-letter .com's
 
As for CURRENT valuation, it could be fairly appraised at about $100,000. But that is right now; the domain will unquestionably appreciate significantly in the years to come.

So the domain is not currently a “bargain.”

A great domain, yes. A bargain, no.

However, if a company with deep pockets comes knocking tomorrow and the domain becomes a “must have” name for the concern, the sky is the limit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom