• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

vi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 years from now.....how much will it be worth?

in 2010, do you think you could still buy the name for $185K?
 
nowaaaaaaay, maybe 300k+
 
3 years from now.....how much will it be worth?

in 2010, do you think you could still buy the name for $185K?

I can think of about 50 other names I'd rather buy and achieve higher appreciation in 10 years than actually VI.COM... ;)
 
VI = Virgin Islands and is even the postal abbreviation for it. I just scanned all these posts and didn't see a single mention of that, so here you go. $1 million? I don't think so. But $125,000 to $150,000. I don't think it's a killer deal at the listed price honestly.
 
VI = Virgin Islands and is even the postal abbreviation for it. I just scanned all these posts and didn't see a single mention of that, so here you go. $1 million? I don't think so. But $125,000 to $150,000. I don't think it's a killer deal at the listed price honestly.
From my experience, Virgin Islands are usually abbreviated USVI (US Virgin Islands) or BVI (British Virgin Islands).
 
From my experience, Virgin Islands are usually abbreviated USVI (US Virgin Islands) or BVI (British Virgin Islands).

agreed.. BVI is the most usual abbreviation
 
Agree with Steve here... $185,000 you can get a very nicely targeted one worder for that amount without any need to "force" it as a brand. By force I mean if I owned consulting.com (which sold for $181,000 in 2005) I would not have to dish out much to brand it or get traffic to it or anything. ROI can be recouped in 1-2 years depending on business model. Or for a 3 letter something like GED.com works. That said $100,000-$135,000 is a bargain.

(Also, why would anyone take such a quality name and forward it to Sucker.com with sex links. That's exactly what a potential investor wants to see to ascertain the potential worth of this name huh)
 
in three years you can flip 185k enough times with generics and earn far more.

VI.com would be a nice trophy for a domainer, but certainly an ugly brand. 185k buys some memorable stuff and with traffic.
 
vi is my favorite text editor of all time.
I'd buy it if I had the cash -- just to have it. :)
 
Gotta be picky. $185K here, $185K there, pretty soon you're talking about real money! :lol:
 
Gotta be picky. $185K here, $185K there, pretty soon you're talking about real money! :lol:

well there's a 287K bargain if your'e interested and you can trade exotic cars too.. makes me wonder if I should part with my 997C4S LOL
 
3 years from now.....how much will it be worth?

in 2010, do you think you could still buy the name for $185K?

I would think so.
 
vi.com is priced imho accordingly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom