Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Video Code Site With Working Yahoo Videos - whatsthatcode.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jason Benn said:
Well I am 90% positive that Yahoo is NOT trying to stop music video codes sites, as if they really wanted them to stop they could just send out a C&D letter to all the site owners, which has never happend for almost the past year.

Why would Yahoo! send out hundreds of letters to get all these people stealing their bandwidth to stop? It doesn't make practical sense - but what does make practical sense is to change the way there videos are shown, so that sites like this don't function.

Think about how you would handle the situation if you were head of Web Media for Yahoo! Inc....

Domain summit 2024

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
90% of these sites have protected whois information... so it would take quite long to get the real contact info just to send out the letters...

Jason Benn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
Why would Yahoo! send out hundreds of letters to get all these people stealing their bandwidth to stop? It doesn't make practical sense - but what does make practical sense is to change the way there videos are shown, so that sites like this don't function.

Think about how you would handle the situation if you were head of Web Media for Yahoo! Inc....

Actually I think it is the opposite...

Yahoo sends out C&D letters all day long, and has a legal team that all they focus on is protecting Yahoo and Yahoos rights. If you provide a way to download Yahoo music videos, you WILL get a C&D very FAST! That means that Yahoo is out there watching very carefully on these sites that have to do with their music videos. There is no way in the world that Yahoo is not aware of these music video codes sites, so since they have obviousely yet to even let one complaint go out, it tells me something about weather or not they really care.

Changing their content and urls is going to be useless, as there has always been a fix for this, so Yahoo has yet been able to block hotlinking, and with such a huge corporation that can afford to get the resorces to stop it, and yet they do not do it, tells me that they are not trying to stop it, nor do the want to stop it. They just update their site content and structure every few months or so.

Just my opinon and insight through research....:cool:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would Yahoo want this to happen? Does Yahoo make any revenue from these sites? (I'm assuming that doesnt happen because Yahoo ads are not shown). Does it cost Yahoo money to provide the bandwidth for the music videos (yes).

This leads us to a simple economics equation - an increase in costs with no change in revenue. Is this something you want as a business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators