Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed VirtualPet.Net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just registered http://www.VirtualPet.Net . Any ideas on the value? Checked Overture and found that the keywords "Virtual Pet" got almost 52,000 searches!

Thanks
DD

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cool it could go hand-in-hand with neopets.com lol

Maybe develop it.

Agree with omni; could be a nice one to develop. Virtual pets seem to be quite popular. Not sure how much resale value it has a a .net, but it does have some nice search stats.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice grab. good luck :)

M

mike

VirtualPet.net - The Virtual Pet Network!

Could be anything from an 'Adult' site (Does penthouse offer virtual 'Penthouse Pets' yet?) to a childrens site where they take care of virtual animals like dogs, cats, lizards and the like (but not Penthouse Pets).

On top of being a highly searched for descriptive term, To me the 'pet.net' part has alot to do with what really makes this an exceptional .net imo! It is so easy to say and read (note how easy the lowercase version reads because of the lp tailing off in differet directions, look - virtualpet.net). Additionally, Everybody can spell and type it and even a peabrain could remember it. That all adds up to virtualpet.net working well in cross-media promotions.

Personally, I wouldn't sell it for any less than $7,500 usd. I would either develop it someway as mentioned above or just lock it up until I found a sponsor or buyer that would meet my price for it. If I was proactively target marketing it to sell it, I would start with companies participating in Microsoft's .NET project.

On top of all that, it just has a sort of mysterious excitement about it that draws one in I think.

Please let us know what you end up doing with virtualpet.net. It's a .net that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom