Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed VirtualWorld.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes.....but traffic is mostly resellers anyways......u want end-user.....

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
100k - 150k

Domaininate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great domain.

If I were you I wouldn't sell for less than 180K.
That's domain that is worth keeping for years if can't sell it now.

I am going to promote its availability, but I'm not in any hurry.

I'll start the price in the stratosphere.

I have no problem with people telling me I'm nuts if the odds of a bigger payday down the road are in my favor.

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No doubt its worth high xx,xxx at minimum. Its a solid $100k name IMO and probably more than that if you find a proper end-user.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great name, but at the moment the domain market in line with much of the world is depressed.

Fortunately boom and bust usually moves very quickly and within 6-12 months we are likely to see a resurgence in general.

The eventual selling price will be determined by the end users involved in the bidding, even today I could see up to mid $xxx,xxx, leave it a few months and that may well double.

Agree with the other comments, Traffic is not the place to sell it as it is predominately resellers bargain hunting.

Good luck

Domaininate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I already started promoting the domain to some of the target end-user industries.

Since everyone wants a price, I started at $800,000

I'll leave it at that for a year or so and see how it goes.

Maybe someone will make a serious offer, but I suspect I'll get a lot of 'you are nuts'.

Thats fine by me as I probably am.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I already started promoting the domain to some of the target end-user industries.

Since everyone wants a price, I started at $800,000

I'll leave it at that for a year or so and see how it goes.

Maybe someone will make a serious offer, but I suspect I'll get a lot of 'you are nuts'.

Thats fine by me as I probably am.

Good luck with your sale man!
Sky's the limit!

I hope to see your domain soon on DNJ :)

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO, if the seller hadn't mentioned the offer, very few would think this name's intrinsic value is above 5K. This a a case of great luck and if it was me I wouldn't be pushing it too far.

Domaininate

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the insight one way or another, thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment.

I assume If someone is genuinely interested, they will negotiate regardless of the start price.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO, if the seller hadn't mentioned the offer, very few would think this name's intrinsic value is above 5K. This a a case of great luck and if it was me I wouldn't be pushing it too far.

While I disagree with your 5k value...I agree that (IMO) the evaluations have gone overboard here....I doubt in a TRAFFIC auction, this name would break xxx,xxx...on name alone...not even close...if there are major stats...that is another story.

Now with the right enduser...the sky is truly the limit...same with about 20 names in my portfolio.

The key here is that the owner is in no hurry...that is good because it will take some time to get the cash he wants.....I maintain that the 25k offer was not awful...but I would not accept that either.

I wish the owner luck on getting the price he wants.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now with the right enduser...the sky is truly the limit...

While the statement is true, I find it rather useless for most appraisals, because:

1) The phrase is applicable for almost every domain ever regged.
2) And, obviously, a domain is worth (at least) as much as a buyer is open to pay.
3) Using it basically avoids the "responsibility" of a true, numeric, appraisal.

I am not saying that virtualworld is a bad domain. On the contrary, it sounds good, but when you apply common valuation techniques, it doesn't go as far as 25K.

On a more optimistic viewpoint, a buyer rarely offers ALL he is open to pay at the first approach, so, if the 25K offer is for real, negotiations can push it to twice or 4 times that. In any case, if it was my domain, I'd be glad to sell it ASAP.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While the statement is true, I find it rather useless for most appraisals, because:

1) The phrase is applicable for almost every domain ever regged.
2) And, obviously, a domain is worth (at least) as much as a buyer is open to pay.
3) Using it basically avoids the "responsibility" of a true, numeric, appraisal.

I am not saying that virtualworld is a bad domain. On the contrary, it sounds good, but when you apply common valuation techniques, it doesn't go as far as 25K.

On a more optimistic viewpoint, a buyer rarely offers ALL he is open to pay at the first approach, so, if the 25K offer is for real, negotiations can push it to twice or 4 times that. In any case, if it was my domain, I'd be glad to sell it ASAP.

Of course saying the sky is the limit is not of much help...I wrote that is response to his 800k opening offer...I can tell it is difficult for you to take something in context....also If you took the time to read the thread, you would see I already gave my appraisal earlier.

Please amaze us with you "common Valuation techniques" I can't wait...

very few would think this name's intrinsic value is above 5K.

Actually quite the opposite...I think you are the only one posting who thinks that.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice one...this is a name that could really establish a new start up, if used correctly

DomainInTheRough

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for an motivated end user the value can be up there. I would say high $xx,xxx. However, for a reseller the price can drop dramatically to say between mid $x,xxx to low $xx,xxx. I would seek an end user for this name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators