Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld vp.ca went for in myid auction???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what vp.ca went for in the last myid action? There was another ll.ca as well, xz.ca or something like that?

Register for the auction

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't see any of the 2-char in there

Interview.ca ($30000),
Bond.ca ($19100),
Gamble.ca ($15000),
Diplomas.ca ($5200)
bite.ca ($4000).
ArchitectureJob.ca $1450
BcHockey.ca $1503
Bite.ca $4000
Bond.ca $19100
CanadianTravelInsurance.ca $1500
CareersOnline.ca $2701
Catholics.ca $2101
ComputerForum.ca $61
Diplomas.ca $5199
FloorTile.ca $901
Gamble.ca $15101
GayWeddings.ca $1502
HumanResourcesJobs.ca $1852
Interview.ca [...]

JoeFrasca

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is the full list of domains successfully sold with corresponding winning bid:

ArchitectureJob.ca $1450
BcHockey.ca $1503
Bite.ca $4000
Bond.ca $19100
CareersOnline.ca $2701
Catholics.ca $2101
ComputerForum.ca $61
Diplomas.ca $5199
FloorTile.ca $901
Gamble.ca $15101
GayWeddings.ca $1502
Interview.ca $30,000
isports.ca $3200
LandscapingJobs.ca $1601
LegalConsulatnt(s).ca $1750
MBAOnline.ca $3000
MontrealDentist.ca $2500
MontrealJob.ca $901
MultimediaJobs.ca $1051
OnlineSingles.ca $3002
OntarioCondos.ca $1041
OttawaSearch.ca $250
PainClinic.ca $230
PharmaceuticalJob.ca $1800
Photographyjobs.ca $750
QuebecTravel.ca $1500
SummerJob.ca $3201
SummerSchool.ca $1351
UVM.ca $250
WritingJobs.ca $802

I don't think VP.ca hit the reserve price

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw it hit 30k at auction minutes before it ended..

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw it hit 30k at auction minutes before it ended..

30k wow that is awesome. Wonder what reserve was. There was another LL.ca, xz.ca or some letters like that wonder where that got to. Was at about 3K last I looked.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this the start? It feels like MYID.ca might have the first consistent successful .ca auction.

When I see these types of results I feel really positive about the .ca domain finally maturing.

Or does this look more successful than it is because of all the job related names. Is it just one group picking all of these up?

I'm shocked (and pleased) by the price some of the names sold:

ArchitectureJob.ca $1450
BcHockey.ca $1503
CareersOnline.ca $2701
isports.ca $3200
LandscapingJobs.ca $1601
MBAOnline.ca $3000
MontrealDentist.ca $2500
MontrealJob.ca $901
MultimediaJobs.ca $1051
OnlineSingles.ca $3002
OntarioCondos.ca $1041
PharmaceuticalJob.ca $1800
Photographyjobs.ca $750
QuebecTravel.ca $1500
SummerJob.ca $3201
WritingJobs.ca $802

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here sold a name at auction using MyID?

I was just looking theough the procedure to list your names and it is quite complicated (as far as these types of things go...)

Perhaps this will add security to the auctions? Here are the steps you need to take to list names:

To list your domains on any of the DOT CA Auctions, the following must be completed:

* Complete the authentication process (one time only).

o Documents needed: Government issued photo ID and credit card, both should be in your name as reflected on your MyID.ca account.

o Preparing the documents:
+ Put a piece of tape over a blank part of a credit card (in your name) front and write on it 'For MyID.ca use only'.

+ With your digital camera or scanner, create digital pictures of of your ID and both sides of the credit card.

N.B.If you do not have a scanner or digital camera, take a high resolution photocopy of these and make sure that all is legible so that we can read the info when we receive the documents by fax. We will not authenticate anyone to the auction unless every single document we receive is legible. On all faxed documents, include your MyID.ca username.

o Sending the documents:

+ Email the digital images as follows:

Front of credit card ---------------> [email protected] (include your MyID.ca username)
Back of credit card --------------> [email protected] (include your MyID.ca username)
Photo ID -------------->[email protected] (include your MyID.ca username)

+ If you do not have a scanner or digital camera, fax the legible photocopies to (866) 224-4095. Again note that We have received many illegible documents in the past that had to be resent. We will not authenticate anyone to the auction unless every single document we receive is legible.

* Seller Agreement (Must be completed for every auction as it is dependent on domains submitted) :

Once the domains you have submitted have been approved to be listed in the domain auction, you will see a link to download the seller agreement. Download it, fill in the required info, date it, sign it, then either scan and email it to [email protected] or fax it to (866) 224-4095. Make sure you include your MyID.ca username either way. The deadline to return the agreement will be noted on it and it must be received before that deadline.

It is not possible to have any domains listed in any DOT CA Auctions without having the completed and signed agreement returned in time.

Note that if you are currently listing any of your domains in the auction, and are interested in bidding on any of the other domains listed, then you must send us the signed bidder agreement as well. More info here.

* Verify that your MyID.ca info is correct:

We must have correct contact info in your account profile including the spelling of your name and your phone number. We will verify that the info is correct and only those with correct info will be able to participate.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some nice sales there, congrats to both the sellers and buyers. Looking forward to participating in the next auction.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems most of the sales are job related. Either someone is going strong to corner that market or it's just a very hot topic right now among people in the .CA market.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The procedure to list names isn't that bad, only a one time thing with the IDs and info to send. If you are serious about listing some names then it's well worth going through the process.

Before each auction you just print out the agreement with your approved domains, sign and date it, and fax it to them.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The procedure to list names isn't that bad, only a one time thing with the IDs and info to send. If you are serious about listing some names then it's well worth going through the process.

Before each auction you just print out the agreement with your approved domains, sign and date it, and fax it to them.

Yes it seems like a good way to do business, at least it is an attempt to verify identities, etc... to reduce fraud

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If those are confirmed sale prices, some people did very well. However, if it's a Canadian to Canadian sale, and the middle man is a Canadian corporation, The cost of tax will bite. As well you'd need to use your GST number, the buyer might not be too happy with that.

damion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody is questioning the security of your credit card details?

Sending physical copies of the front and back of your credit card that who knows end up where?
I think it's intrusive and unheard of to even be asking your customers to complete such a insecure procedure.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you are a seller, it is good to know that the buyer is real, has a real credit card in hand, and that the deal will go through. What is really easy is getting a cc number. I guess you need your "id" for myid :) As a credit card owner, you know if something funny happens with your credit card, you are not responsible. Visa or MC will immediately reverse any charges. When I set up an account at Escrow.com I had to do the same thing. photocopy both sides and fax.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you are a seller, it is good to know that the buyer is real, has a real credit card in hand, and that the deal will go through. What is really easy is getting a cc number. I guess you need your "id" for myid :) As a credit card owner, you know if something funny happens with your credit card, you are not responsible. Visa or MC will immediately reverse any charges. When I set up an account at Escrow.com I had to do the same thing. photocopy both sides and fax.

I can safely guess myid wont mess with their c/c merchant account nor would they jeaporadize their integrity with such problems. but just know that your c/c company won't go the extra mile for you when your giving your number and expiry over the phone or with online forms. Not to mention sending copies out through fax etc...

I've been double dipped on several occasions and it was up to me each time to get my money back.

fastfreight.com took me for 300+ usd back when our dollar was at -70 cents (initial bill was 130 and they charged 450) and sibername got me for a couple hundred (was a pain getting that back and when I did they only let me credit my account) Every other time I was persistent and got it back within a week.

Only once did mastercard take care of it for me. Telus in Calgary kept billing my card monthly for a non-existent service (was easy to proove - a few days and mastercard credited me and took them off my card.

They dont like how we give out our number so often and have to be tough or they would pay for our losses.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators