Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

WARNING: Stolen Domain C79.com Attention Adam etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Love seeing the dnf detectives at work.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am really tired of seeing post like this, the only way an account can be compromised especially at Godaddy is if the registered owner was careless with his password, call-in pin or his credit card on file. I cant believe for the life of me why when he recieved the "Change of registrant" email before the "change of ownership" email he called Godaddy instead of logging into his account and cancelling the account change and changing his security information I guess by then it was too late. I cant believe Godaddy did not tell him to do that. Moral to the story for newbies dont be careless with your security information.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am really tired of seeing post like this, the only way an account can be compromised especially at Godaddy is if the registered owner was careless with his password, call-in pin or his credit card on file. I cant believe for the life of me why when he recieved the "Change of registrant" email before the "change of ownership" email he called Godaddy instead of logging into his account and cancelling the account change and changing his security information I guess by then it was too late. I cant believe Godaddy did not tell him to do that. Moral to the story for newbies dont be careless with your security information.

Youre rather ignorant, not much more to say to sum that up to be honest.

But Ill set a few things straight, he was not careless, not a newb and not respondsible for being hacked...like I said, youre rather ignorant.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Again you do not understand his security information was compromised I cant emphasize that enough. Here is why, the dude chose a crappy name like that to steal if it was always the case why is Disney, Microsoft, Ebay others complaining that their domain was hacked and stolen as well if it is that easy.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again you do not understand his security information was compromised I cant emphasize that enough. Here is why, the dude chose a crappy name like that to steal if it was always the case why is Disney, Microsoft, Ebay others complaining that their domain was hacked and stolen as well if it is that easy.

The dude stole that name because he was able to hack its account or email for it, correct. However to say it is the victims fault or he is a newb is not correct. How do you know what his pass was to be bold enough to say it was not secure.

Back to topic...

Who has a email for legal at Godaddy?

NameLinker

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It is great to see these thread after no access to internat for one week

1st I want to ask the thread starter, TheLegendaryJP , who are you??
Are you the domain owner, or the seller??

Since you are tring you best to destroy me business reputation, it is not hard for me to guess who you are. Let me tell the full story to other domainers and let's all experienceful domainers make their own judgement

The domain c79.com was bought on Dec. 8, 2009, and here is the full story:

I have a small domain forum which is dedicated on buy, sale and discuss short domains. On Dec 8, 2009, a member of my forum send me a list of few short domains. The guy has been a member with my forum siince Nov. 2008 with 77 posts, and also bought a domain from me before. So I picked 3 domains from his list and send payment without any doubt. (The 3 domains I picked are b63.com, b79.com, b87.com. The guy asked for Paypal masspay but I don't have paypal balance that time so I paid as "Personal Payment" to cover the Paypal fee by myself)

10 minites after that deal, the guy told me he found that he have one more short domain, c79.com, then we make a quick deal again. Only difference is that I send Payment by Paypal normal payment this time.

In 48 hours after the deals, all 4 domains are locked by Godaddy because of they received ownership dispute. I reliazed that I was scammed and immediately contacted Paypal. Saddly that I can not make any Paypal dispute for the payment send as "Personal Items". so could only raise paypal dispute for the payment of C79.com.

About 7 days later after these disputes, the 3 domains paid as "Personal Items" (b63.com, b79.com, b87.com) was disappeared from my godaddy account, and C79.com is still with my account and be unlocked by Godaddy.

Another 2 days past, the seller left a message "Domain has been pushed" for the Paypal dispute of C79.com and finally Paypal judget me lost the dipute.

After that, the domain C79.com is in my account and with my whois. Anybody can contact me through the e-mail or telphone with whois since I never change it as fake or private. But NOBODY try to contact me, or make any posts regards this domain in any main domain forums.

Then, TheLegendaryJP made these funny post here.

I also though I was scammed by domain thief but I believe I got the trueth behind the story now.

1st Let's make some easy and simple conclusions from the case:

1. The one who raised Godaddy dispute knows well which domain(s) received Pyapal dispute

2. The one who left feed back for Paypal dispute knows well when was the Godaddy dispute be cleared

3. The "Right Owner " (if have) never contact the new owner of his "Stolen" domain through new whois, or post on any main domain forum for this

4. Make noise to say the domain is stolen about 2 months after "it was happen", which is the time to make sure withdraw all related Paypal funds, and no new safety issues for Paypal account.

Now, we can go for the conclusion:

There has a scammer group use Domains with Godaddy to scam other domainers:

The Account owner (Let's call him as member A )give his godaddy ID and password to another member works for the group (Member B), then menber B sell the domains, take payments and login the account to push domains. Then member A raise Godaddy dispute.

In most cases, Godaddy helps the scammers take back domains because of they have prepared enough data in advance to prove the account was login without authorized. Only few cases be rejected by godaddy, or member A asks godaddy to stop investigations when they face Paypal dispute and may have trouble for Paypal account.

And the last step is Member C, who is TheLegendaryJP in this case, to make noise later when all paypal funds are safety cleared, to force the buyer return the domain. (They have take money already so no lost at all for the few domains they finally connot take back)

The story is ended here. Please be very carefull if you buy a domain reg. with Godaddy in the future.

And to All members who post replies here:
Plz be very carefully when you comments on any legal issues while you don't know what the full stiory, and don't know the backgrouds for the thread starter

Finally, I would like to have few words about myself:
I am a Chinese Domainer with 4 years domaining experience. I buy and sell 300-500 domains every year. I had make business with almost 200 domainers on namepros (same ID on NP) without any negtive feedback. I joined DNForum later (Since May 2009 only) and also make business with about 20 members here. I make deals with many more Chinese local domainers without any problem.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

And just read for "ZXZZ.com" part, it is too simple to have any story:

The domain was bough on Namepros.com's live action and I won it
If anybody has any questions, plz contact Admin of Namepros, i think they still have records of auctions in one year

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for replying, it is greatly appreciated!

Let me make a few statements of my own.
1) Your theory is great, deflects blame and taking respondsibility but one big problem, it doesnt help the FACT you have a stolen name, aready lost 3 back because of it from the same seller ( assuming he exists ) and have no excuse not to give this one back.

2)Glad to hear you have c79.com and ADMIT it was a stolen domain, be it you who did it or another who scammed you, lets set that a side for a moment and work now on returning the name to the rightful owner!

3)While I am happy to call off the dogs if the name is returned this is NOT the first time you have stolen names, is it, what about the others mentioned in this thread, another seller did it to you again?

4) Trying to accuse me of anything is obsurd, you have no idea what I do, do you. Nice try though, would be the first time its been tried, have to make note of it.

5) Here's what I like to call the red flag, see when someone is lying or trying to cover things up and they type 2 pages in a reply, they goof up, story doesnt make sense etc. You stated ...

I have a small domain forum which is dedicated on buy, sale and discuss short domains. On Dec 8, 2009, a member of my forum send me a list of few short domains. The guy has been a member with my forum siince Nov. 2008 with 77 posts, and also bought a domain from me before. So I picked 3 domains from his list and send payment without any doubt. (The 3 domains I picked are b63.com, b79.com, b87.com. The guy asked for Paypal masspay but I don't have paypal balance that time so I paid as "Personal Payment" to cover the Paypal fee by myself)

10 minites after that deal, the guy told me he found that he have one more short domain, c79.com, then we make a quick deal again. Only difference is that I send Payment by Paypal normal payment this time.

So you bought several names from a guy who is your forums member, youve done biz in the past and you buy multiple names all with different whois? See this alone imo makes you either the theif, knowingly bought from a theif or youre just that stupid.

Bottom line, the real owner will contact you soon, return the name. Stolen property is just that, stolen property, keep the name at Godaddy and return it. Doing anything but is what will destroy your reputation. You have an out here to play " stupid " and do the right thing.

Last edited:

NameLinker

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
TheLegendaryJP, I am not interested in to speak with you , a member of a SCAM team anymore

I believe other expereiced domainers can make their own judgement

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheLegendaryJP, I am not interested in to speak with you , a member of a SCAM team anymore

I believe other expereiced domainers can make their own judgement

:lol:

Some theives are more entertaining than others, your a 7-8 out of 10. Have you considered new dnf usernames yet?

Also all major auction sites have been notified of the theft and replied, sedo/afternic/bido/dnf/np/ds etc.

Last edited:

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I explained before to JP I believed the account was compromised whether intentionally or unintentionally not hacked and I cant figure out why he doesn't mind his own business he has more of an interest than just helping out victims IMO.. And Namelinker you are retarded it is not Godaddy's fault where you have the reg. name? Godaddy should change policy and not return any domains because the RO compromised his own account that would solve all issues because we all know accounts are not easily hacked anymore.

Youre right, I should mind my own business and not help people recover stolen names, my agenda is to become a super hero to victims of domain theft, they will worship my avatar and name their children after me... get real, I help people because I was a victim once. I do it for FREE, no charge and have helped many people and dozens of names. My agenda is to recover names, period.

As for the rest of your reply...
Godaddy should change policy and not return any domains because the RO compromised his own account that would solve all issues because we all know accounts are not easily hacked anymore.

Are you kidding me,, can we ban people for stupidity, is that allowed?

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Over 10,000 domains and never been hacked and in fact I have never personally met anyone who has had a domain hacked 99.9% of the people on this forum have never either no one is kidding you check the stats. And by the way get an account exec and it will be for sure that never happens to you . I am done with this thread.

Last edited:

Name

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i know NameLinker
he is honest domainer, i have sold hime baout 60 domain

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What people who may be new to the industry do not realize is most theifs who are forum members have done many legit deals, its all part of it. You have 2 types, the flat out theif and domainer turned theif who does a little here and there. Once you get caught thats it imo, youre done.

Also worth noting is his starting of a thread to warn everyone of a GD domain group who steals names. He starts this thread AFTER being caught by us, why not weeks ago when it happened?

He's guilty of being a theif, period, no matter what someone did in the past ( which by the way he traded stolen names we've discovered, see links to other threads where the members been banned for it and turns out its his whois ) any way past trades legit or not, it does not compensate for what has been done..once errr twice... three times... youre out!

To add to that his attitude to victims of theft sucks as well, too bad Im keeping it, thats not cool on its own.

Last chance, start the process of returning the name today with the rightful owner and Ill lay off, maybe this was all just your stupidity or greed blinded you, either way, give it back.

Last edited:

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My $0.02

JP Is a fantastic asset to the domain industry.
It is not until YOU have your domain stolen that you appreciate what a helpful role JP plays.
JP has altruism written all over him, and some of the statements coming out against him are down right rude !

I likewise believe that NameLinker is either a thief or an idiot.
You have allowed domainers to make their own judgments, and they will. We are not stupid, although I appreciate you more than likely have no better get out clause.

My final point on this matter is the academia analogy. Academics use google scholar, and similar resources based on the integrity, and respect of writers who can be published there. You KNOW you are getting decent information.
With all die respect cbk, and Name... you have no reputation. You are gold, and platinum members respectively with a small number of transactions to your names.
Thus an investigation into a theft has to take this into consideration when assessing the value of your contributions.

JP Keep it up. These domain owners owe you... perhaps you should start charging.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Tom, no charge, never taken a penny from anyone, I feel bad I cannot help everyone, just not enough time in a day :(

NameLinker

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Now I am making the final post here because of:
1. I have enough proof to make the conclusion that there DO have a SCAM team try to scam me
2. Chinese New Year is coming and I am in holiday from tomorrow, will not stay online for long in next 10 days and nonsense to spend time with these ugly scammers to damage my holiday.

1st of all, I will make clarifications for all "facts" used by sammer to blame me

1. C79.com
I have posted full story in my 1st reply so no need to repeat. Here I just added the screenshot of Payment for it to provide more information to Mods/ Other Domainers. You can access the screenshot here
I hide the amount of the payment because of I don't want to give scammer good excuse to say " I don't know how much you are scammed by my friends but just you tell me this" :)

2. ZXZZ.com
As posted before, I won it on namepros.com's live auction. Anybody with questions can send query to Admin team of NP.
And it is the 1st tiime I heard that this name has another "Right Owner"

...This guy imo has other usernames/identity and evidence has been found. A member Blitz at NP's provided this link...
http://www.dnforum.com/f26/aged-llll-coms-uduh-com-ojuz-com-diaj-com-5-a-thread-405651.html....
Don't know how "smart JP" find I have link with this ID and what is his proof, I know that I have only one ID here.
It is better to report to forum management team if any one doubt I have more IDs here, instead of make nonesense noise

Look at WVZE.COM whois from the thread a few posts above, is this an alias of his because he still owns some of them, most recovered to the rightful owner and that dnf member banned. No denying needed, its clear anmd cut.
It is another funny Finding. Actualy the domain is NOT mine. NOT in my godaddy account or any other Registrar account. Here is the screenshot of my domains form letter V to Y in my godaddy account.

Then I spend more time on study the whois. Record shows that whois information was changed like this to pretend as mine on Jan 28, 2010, that is 7 days before JP start this post.
However, this smart guy make everything looks like Mine but forget the Bido Code, which come with all of my domains' whois reg. with Godaddy :smilewinkgrin:
You can see the whois of the domain at http://whois.domaintools.com/wvze.com, and you still can have a look for the screenshot of whois if the scammer changed the whois again after I post this.

Now, who made the fake whois just 7 days before JP start this thread? Who find this "Problem Domain" so easy from 17576 LLLL.com domains soon after JP started this post ?
I don't know, but I am sure that TheLegendaryJP knows it very well

Ok, it is the time now to say why I am sure there has a SCAM group

Besides the 4 points I posted yeasterday in reply #27, here are more clues:
Point 5: The fake whois for WVZE.COM

Point 6: The strange behavior when JP start this thread
As information from JP's selfintroduce and his friends' mouth, JP is a "Very expereinced domain thief hunter", and his whois search skill, post skill et al DO show that he is skillful.
But why such an expereinced hunter deeply believe his client after get a call, and immidiately call the current domain owner as "Theif" whithout any invistigation, or contact the current owner to understand what happend, but use all bad words he can find to hurt the current owner?

There only have 2 answers for this: 1) JP is a crazy dog so he doesn't know what he is doing. 2) JP is not crazy. He knows clearly what happend and what did by his friends / partners so he just tries his best to damage another honest domainer's business reputation, for his dirty purpose.

All of these together, it is not hard for me to make my conclusion:
There have a SCAMMER Team

Before stop here, I will answer some funny questions from JP and his friends:
...., its all part of it. You have 2 types, the flat out theif and domainer turned theif who does a little here and there. Once you get caught thats it imo, youre done. ...
That is a very good comments for youself. Maybe the SCAMMER DO helped someone to find his stolen domain and get good reputation for this, but the main business of the SCAMMER is use this reputation for SCAM more people. And this SCAMMER finally be caught this time.

...., Also worth noting is his starting of a thread to warn everyone of a GD domain group who steals names. He starts this thread AFTER being caught by us, why not weeks ago when it happened? ...
Interesting ! 1st I should say thank to JP because of it is your post helped me to find this.

As I posted in my 1st reply, I also though I was scammed by domain thief at the start, then it is JP's thread forces me to think more deeply: What's is the link inside between all of these suspected points? Why an "Expereinced Hunter" post such a dirty post with all bad words?.. And why somebody make fake whois at the right time...?

So, thanks again to JP! Your post helps me finally know who SCAMMED me. And of cource I can NOT start a thread to warn other domains BEFORE I cought you and understand everything.

2009 membership and 9 reviews? You claim you have sold him 60 domains? care to post the 60 domains!
What a stupid question. Is DNF the only domain marketplace in the world? I only have 20 reviews here so I can not have 180 positive feedbacks on NP? (and same for other members have less reviews here..) And if you want to know how many deal I have with name, plz visit domain.cn/club, the biggest Chinese domainers community in the world.

And to GUA and other JP's friends:
If you really have any findings, plz post to prove I am wrong. Just post a reply with all dirty words without any proofs is nothing but make yourself as an uneducated fool.

That is all for this case.

DO care the SCAM team when you by any domains reg. with Godaddy in future.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Youre a joke, return the name and quit the " noise " yourself.

All we got out of your reply is more wild ideas to distract from your thefts and a paypal shot you could easiy doctored and perhaps even a payment to yourself to cover tracks. And to state I doctored whois info on a stolen name to make this look better... lol You are one crazy theif! The fact you own that name is proof again youre a theif.

No one believes you what so ever, your accusations are simply a deflection, give the name back. On top of it your theory about me doesnt even make sense, the 3 names GD took back from you for that company you stole from in the US on the same day you stole C79.com are they my friends too, part of a scam team? See your accusations are a joke, you make yourself look ridiculous. Have a little respect for yourself and return the name and crawlunder a rock or comeback with another username.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom