• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers Web Development Forum - Webdevforum com - up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
680
Reaction score
40
For sale is webdevforum.com, vBulletin4 powered web development forum.

Sale is not based on traffic. However, forum is receiving some SE traffic, and Alexa is around 550k now - pretty good potential for non advertised forum with just ±1k posts. It definitely needs to be advertised to reach more web developers around the world, and I am sure new owner could get steady income of the forum.

-----------------------
Sale includes:
- webdevforum.com (2006 domain)
- webdevtalk.com (2002 domain)
- webdevforum.org

- *brand new vBulletin license first registered on your name - you'll be able to transfer it once a lifetime
- *brand new vBSEO license first registered on your name

- vB4 template

- up to date SQL database dump
-----------------------

price, based on previous offers and interest is $4200.

*if you already have a license, or just don't want me to register it for you, you can get it for discounted price.

Thank you,
Martin
 
Last edited:
Please post a price, starting bid, range, or something.

Or is this more a thread to help you valuate your site than a sale thread?
 
I'd sell it if I got an offer good enough to do so. The price won't be huge, but not going to let it go for $xxx.
 
today, I received first offer of $500, but I am looking for a bit more.
Feel free to pm me your offers if you feel interested.
 
got $800 offer, but I'll be looking for more.
just checked alexa, and its around 3M now. Should go down fast when advertised :)
 
last week I got $1k offer for the forum, here on dnf.
no advertising, forum is "in hiatus" right now and still receiving more SE traffic. alexa under 2M now.
 
I'd take the $1000 and run.. while the alexa is under 1M now, and it appears to be about 200 visitors online currently (7 are members).. there has been one post in the past couple weeks? Are you paying for traffic or something?
 
Hi Rob,
There is no paid traffic.
Alexa is 863.599,
​
but the sale is not based on traffic. Vb is set to measure visitors in max possible range. In last two months it has received 654 visits (403 people) - most people come from US and India.
If you buy traffic, you couldnt get bounce at 36.54% in the last two moths. This is bright indicator of the site potential. People would like to stay, read and post, if the board had more posts to attract them.
Site is also well indexed, with only less than 1k posts, it has more than 1200 indexed pages in google...

The point of the thread is not a quick sale of a hot potato site with fake traffic and ranks to get some $$$. I wanted to sell to someone, who would enjoy it, and spend some money on advertising with good plan. But I'll probably keep it.
 
just a quick update.

high offer so far is $2k on dnforum, which I turned down.
Now, part of the sale is pair of great domains -> webdevforum.com (2006) + webdevtalk.com (2002)! and also webdevforum.org.
 
First post updated. Forum is for sale now - BIN posted. Limited time offer.

PM me or post!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom