Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Weekly DNF Live Auctions? (w/ quality domains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNPlan

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, I think we should give it a try. We'll work out some details and see if we can make it happen.

This may be off topic for this thread ...

If one of the underlying goals is to create a stronger market by bringing buyers, then there is a feature the forum could add that would really help ...

Right now I get a digest email message of new threads and updated threads in several of the for sale forums ... when I have time, I scroll through the email listing to see if something in a title jumps out at me. But that takes time and more often than not, I simply hit the delete key ...

I just bought a domain name this week.

What would benefit me the most is if I could get an email digest newsletter by keyword or keywords ... that way if a listing had any of my keywords in it even if it wasn't in the title, I would have a chance to know about it ...

As it is right now ... if the thread title doesn't have keywords or themes that I am interested in, I often do not take the time to come back ... and often that means that I don't find out about domain names that I would actually be interested in until long after they are sold (or unsold) ...

Greg

SeatBeltPads.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This may be off topic for this thread ...

If one of the underlying goals is to create a stronger market by bringing buyers, then there is a feature the forum could add that would really help ...

Right now I get a digest email message of new threads and updated threads in several of the for sale forums ... when I have time, I scroll through the email listing to see if something in a title jumps out at me. But that takes time and more often than not, I simply hit the delete key ...

I just bought a domain name this week.

What would benefit me the most is if I could get an email digest newsletter by keyword or keywords ... that way if a listing had any of my keywords in it even if it wasn't in the title, I would have a chance to know about it ...

As it is right now ... if the thread title doesn't have keywords or themes that I am interested in, I often do not take the time to come back ... and often that means that I don't find out about domain names that I would actually be interested in until long after they are sold (or unsold) ...

Greg

Thats a really good idea - could it be set up with vb to work? I wouldnt mind changes to thread title rules if this happens.

I

impactadmin

We can give it a shot, but it seems many are not interested in this.
We dont mind investing in software if we found something that would work.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well here is a couple of my ideas for promotion, maybe they have been mentioned.

- Use the Newsletter to promote upcoming auctions.
- Encourage DNF affiliates to promote the auction through there sites/blogs etc, possibly offer extra incentive for new member signups and auction specific banners.
- leave a long enough time between submission and the auction to allow the sellers to promote their own domains for the auction.
- create an RSS Feed for upcoming auctions.
- another thing people can do is point there domains that they are auctioning to a dnf AUCTION page which lists the domains for auctions etc.

just a couple of ideas.

Last edited:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've said this before (without any reply)...without a massive promotion no auction will be successful.

Chuck

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

If there is anything I can do to help I would be all in.
I would be more than happy to promote the auction on DNKitchen.com at no charge.

Thanks for everyones input and interest. We are currently looking for an auction script so that the entire process can be pretty much automated. Hopefully we will be able to in-deed go forward with the live events.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The idea is great. I really miss a frequent live auction with high quality domains and DNF would be the best place to arrange such an event. I'll back it up. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds great!!! keep us posted pleaseeee

:yo:

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should be interesting.

Looking forward to seeing this implemented.

Cheers

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is very important the domains submitted to auctions are not junk.there should be some kind of criteria for submitting domains.

If the domains are not junk.it should defiantly create interest among members.

My 2 cents!!

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is very important the domains submitted to auctions are not junk.there should be some kind of criteria for submitting domains.

If the domains are not junk.it should defiantly create interest among members.

My 2 cents!!

Agreed. No one wants to sit through an auction filled with crap.

namenut

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm out of line. I may have a few suggestions to consider.

Auction Suggestions:

Add a charity name (spot light) auction to the event;

buy adding a charity name to the auction (Spot light auction) you will open the door to supporters of that charity to promote and attend the event. As well as appeal to the philanthropist mind set investor/developer.
Donate a hosting and small development package to the name/auction to encourage a small org. to get the funding. And again promote the event. Have members donate these services. High inclusion rate for your ads to organizations feeds, articles etc ....

Add contests during the event;

Solicit prizes for drawings or raffles during the event. This would be ad supported. ABC co. donates a prize to the auction. List the prizes and the "sponsors" in the promotions to better serve the sponsors exposure. Offer your sponsors the opportunity to participate. Often times they will if you expose them in your promotions. As well as asking them to have a rep at the live event to give away the prizes. They will drag a few associates with them.

Value added.

If you have designers that will donate services 100% or with ad support agreements to the end user.
This will encourage a hobbyist or end user to buy the name if they know they will receive a working site with hosting and support.
Mini sites, ad sense, info sites, directories, proxies etc .... I'm sure many of your members can turn these out in exchange for acknowledgement and maybe some ad space etc ....

Free Domains;

Giving away a few names, during the auction, will draw in bodies and create a higher attendance and word of mouth buzz. "Free Domain" has a catch to it.

With all due respects to the admin and senior members. I hope these are received well.

namenut

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It would be best if the auctions were more niche specific.

Also, there should be a couple of premium domains. That way it gets people excited about the auction.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am confident that all we need in order to attract lots of bidders are high quality domains. Not FreeShoeLacesOnline.biz and "pack of 30 'premium' LLLL.net domains" etc.

I think that you should put together a panel/committee who will (roughly) evaluate the submitted domains. If they are considered worth <$1000, then the name will be rejected.

If you manage to put together a list of high quality, clearly valuable domains for each live auction, there will be loads of bidders!

I am more than happy to help evaluating submitted domains, if you decide to do something like this.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is the auction going to be this weekend?

just kidding LOL :pound:

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am confident that all we need in order to attract lots of bidders are high quality domains. Not FreeShoeLacesOnline.biz and "pack of 30 'premium' LLLL.net domains" etc.

I think that you should put together a panel/committee who will (roughly) evaluate the submitted domains. If they are considered worth <$1000, then the name will be rejected.

If you manage to put together a list of high quality, clearly valuable domains for each live auction, there will be loads of bidders!

I am more than happy to help evaluating submitted domains, if you decide to do something like this.

I wouldn't say <$1,000, but maybe <$200

Thats high enough to get rid of the junk names but low enough to bring in a larger group of buyers. Not everyone is looking to spend $1k+ on a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom