Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Weekly DNF Live Auctions? (w/ quality domains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say <$1,000, but maybe <$200

Thats high enough to get rid of the junk names but low enough to bring in a larger group of buyers. Not everyone is looking to spend $1k+ on a name.

I didn't mean that the reserve/price must be $1,000 and up. I meant that if the auction 'committee' do not believe that the domain has potential to fetch at least $1k, then the domain is rejected. AR8.com (example only) do have the potential to hit the $1k mark (you see $1k+ LLN.com sales on Sedo every week), but it would be reasonable to set its reserve somewhere around $400-$500. MyBanana-Vids.info (example only) can only hit $1k the day the USD gets so inflated that people need to bring a truckload of stacks to buy a sixpack of beer.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean that the reserve/price must be $1,000 and up. I meant that if the auction 'committee' do not believe that the domain has potential to fetch at least $1k, then the domain is rejected. AR8.com (example only) do have the potential to hit the $1k mark (you see $1k+ LLN.com sales on Sedo every week), but it would be reasonable to set its reserve somewhere around $400-$500. MyBanana-Vids.info (example only) can only hit $1k the day the USD gets so inflated that people need to bring a truckload of stacks to buy a sixpack of beer.

Agree.
We need some good domains.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has there ever been a $1k sale in the DNF auction?

Why target a market of end users when all the attendees are domainers?

But then I guess the people organising the auction would know better about how to run it.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has there ever been a $1k sale in the DNF auction?

Why target a market of end users when all the attendees are domainers?

But then I guess the people organising the auction would know better about how to run it.

So you're saying that all domain sales above $1k are with end-users?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are also looking at a possible partner auction site because these auctions have been so successful.

More info later.

Great job guys and gals!

-=DCG=-

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Adam!

WebsiteTraders.Com

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got visitors interested in domains and websites on my company website.......i would be more than willing to promote DNF auctions on my Home page................ free ofcourse. Let me know if in any other way me or Websitet
Traders.Com can contribute for it in any other way. Its great to see high spirits and positive outlook from all of you.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you're saying that all domain sales above $1k are with end-users?
I'll reiterate my question - have any $1k domains been sold via DNF auctions? I've not said that domainers don't buy domains at $1k+ - just that if they do pay that much, its likely the domain is worth $3k. We're all resellers/traders here afaik.

lol ^^ I don't think he thought before he spoke.
Oh, you think so? How many $1k sales have you had to domainers? Weren't you just banned for shill bidding a $5 auction at np?

We are also looking at a possible partner auction site because these auctions have been so successful.

More info later.

Great job guys and gals!

-=DCG=-
Sounds good Adam, look forward to the tie-up, cheers!

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What if you ran the auction only when you had at least 5 or 10 'good' names? Someone has to be the arbiter of that. Second, what if it ran 24 hours not 1 hour. That would allow for the distributed way that many people use a forum.

Here is how to get more people: for whatever format you use, is have a one-time signup. Right now you get email updates AFTER you have posted to a thread. Why not have this auction be a special thread so everyone gets notified who wants to be part of it. I would really like that. so even if I had not signed in to dnf for days or weeks i would get an email when an auction is going to occur. There should be 2 emails, once a day ahead and one an hour ahead. You only have to signup once, for all future auctions.

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh, you think so? How many $1k sales have you had to domainers? Weren't you just banned for shill bidding a $5 auction at np?

For what? I was banned because i was talking smack on their admin... lol
Then i made another username and they looked at my IP and banned that one too. So where ever you got that garbage from, think again.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any news about the next auction?

Last edited:

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
May be the first or second week of December.
We currently do not have enough members who subscribe to the auction thread.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for updates..

anyday except Christmas is good for meee ..ok Christmas day is fine :pound: ho ho ho

:yo:

ravdn

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sggestion: Not many people know about dnforum live auctions. There should be live auction link in the home page to make it popular.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mediawizard, in response to your question I have checked the records of the auctions and can confirm that no domain has sold for $1,000 or more in any of the auctions so far. Having said that I can also confirm that bids of $1,000 or more have been made in the chatroom auctions but that those bids did not reach the reserve set by the seller.

I hope this answers your question.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope this answers your question.
Yes it does, thanks for putting it out so clearly and for also backing my point that the only 1k bids that have been there have been for domains of much higher value.

Hence the need to keep it logical and not have unachievable expectations from what is essentially a reseller auction, at least until Adam can bring in the big guns.

Just imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom