• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Well It's Offical....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by gmartfin
If they go past that point and actually try to implement it I can assure you that DropWizard and I suspect companies like dropking, namewinner, etc etc will be filing some pretty spectacular lawsuits.

Excellent.
 
Originally posted by gmartfin
Cartoonz: Courts side with ICANN. ICANN has made its decision to allow WLS.

*********************************


Hey!

I didn't say that!
That was a quote from someone else I responded to!

I agree with you, as I told you on the phone.
I'm going to have to sue them too, remember?
 
Toonz honestly. I was using that person's quote:D

I know you didn't say it.

PS I lost your phone number do you want to email it to me again.

It's time to talk!

[email protected]
 
Originally posted by MarkMitford
I will happily bet anyone here DNF$ that WLS is not operational in 2003.

I'll take that bet for 100 DNF$. Add some more fun to this topic.
Plus I'll take 6 additional bets of 100 DNF$ each for anyone else up to the challenge. Takers?
 
Originally posted by stocdoctor


I'll take that bet for 100 DNF$. Add some more fun to this topic.
Plus I'll take 6 additional bets of 100 DNF$ each for anyone else up to the challenge. Takers?

I would, but I was smart enough to trade all my DNF for a reg days before gregr closes system )(
 
Ok, IF WLS is coming...
1. How can we become first on the waiting list?
2. Will the WLS positions be transferable?
3. Anyone know if you will have to pay to get on the list?
 
Stocdoctor: you have a bet :) how about we make it more fun and make it 1000 DNF$?

clemzonguy: I only wager real money in Vegas ;)
 
Originally posted by MarkMitford
Stocdoctor: you have a bet :) how about we make it more fun and make it 1000 DNF$?

clemzonguy: I only wager real money in Vegas ;)

Hey Mark I hope you realize that this is not a challenge to you personally, just a bet in fun. I already offered out bets for 600 DNF$ (in addition to your 100 DNF$ bet) so I don't want to go overboard on this thing.

But! I will bump our bet up to 400 DNF$. That will take me to 1000 DNF$ on this one anyway. I'm still waiting on takers of the balance on the first 500 DNF$ at 100 DNF$ each. Bring em on.
 
Stocdoctor: You have a deal :)

I know its just in fun, thats why I'm not betting cash.

Mark......
 
Okay, call me stupid, but WLS??? Snapnames??? ICANN?

Would somebody be kind enough to enlighten me? What's this all about??

PF
 
Allow me! Stupid :D

In order to decrease stupidity of some dnforum members I will explain the following.

- WLS: Waiting List Service, which basically means that the first in line will get the domain name if it is released after being expired.

- SnapNames: now, before WLS, anyone can register an expired domain name after its release. SnapNames is just one of the many companies that have scripts running to register the name seconds after it has been released (= made available for registration) by the registrar. When you buy a Snapback for a domain name, Snapnames will try to register that name for you.

- ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers): the organization that decides which top level domains (.com .net .org .us .de .nl etc) can be registered.

Hope this helps,

spietreser

PS. stupidity was, of course, meant to be "stupidity" ;)
 
I've collected all the major acticles/letters/websites/etc

HERE

Send me any that i've left off or would be informative like any DNSO stuff etc.
 
Originally posted by MarkMitford
I will happily bet anyone here DNF$ that WLS is not operational in 2003.

Please share your reasoning with us: why do you think that the WLS will not be operational this year? Given that you work for Dotster/NameWinner, I suspect that your assertion may just be wishful thinking...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom