Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Well over 30% of Domain Appraisal requests unanswered

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvandemar

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Out of boredom I did a search the other day, and sorted it by number of replies. Turns out that just over 30% of the requests for domain appraisals never get a single reply, ever. Toss in the number of people who bump the thread a few days later, giving them 1 reply but them still being the only poster, and you could very well be in the 40%-45% range of unanswered requests.

Considering that the Domain Appraisals is probably one of the biggest draws to getting people in as Gold members I found this surprising. Just thought I'd mention it.

-Michael

Upvote 0

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Lack of response is a response in itself. It usually means the name is not valuable enough to warrant an appraisal.

Here's why I don't buy into this argument...... I posted several domains for appraisal with no response and they are far from worthless, Most all have received offers, One domain in particular was bid up to 2K by BuyDomains in which I received a 8K offer. (most all TLD's taken)

It appears the ones with the most response, are easy to appraise, appealing to members, controversial or the pumping up of a TLD, you guess which one.

Domain Summit 2024

agile

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
....Considering that the Domain Appraisals is probably one of the biggest draws to getting people in as Gold members I found this surprising. Just thought I'd mention it.
-Michael

Thanks Michael. That was the point wasn't it.
Wondering how this could be improved?

Here's why I don't buy into this argument...... I posted several domains for appraisal with no response and they are far from worthless, Most all have received offers, One domain in particular was bid up to 2K by BuyDomains in which I received a 8K offer. (most all TLD's taken)

So... higher % of appraisal response and knowledgeable appraisals to be found on the 'for sale' forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom