Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What do people think of spanish words with .com end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdiggles

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a huge list of domains of common Spanish dictionary words. I deleted all the ones I thought would have problems with non-latin characters (stuff like ñ and ó), then I checked all of them to see if they are registered, after that I took all the available ones, then went through and basically got the definition/meaning of the word for every one and eliminated the crap. Now I have like 500-1000 good Spanish words with the .com version. I'm thinking about registering these (all avail for hand reg). Now, this is where my questions come in:

1.) Do people use .com in Spanish speaking countries as much as say people in the U.K. use .co.uk and .com. It's like 50/50 there...is it the same in Spanish speaking countries?
2.) Would it make more sense to register these words in the ccTLD for a big Spanish speaking country instead?

Any thoughts or comments on this? Is it a waste of money or what?

Domain summit 2024

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It makes sense for a Spanish brand wanting a global audience, but I am not really fond of them, it's usually better to have the ccTLD. Most Spanish foreigners in UK and other parts of the world would speak English.

sdiggles

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah both of you guys are right. I just found some gems that aren;t registered and now I just need to figure out if it's worth dropping 5-8k on reg fees today.

sdiggles

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just figured it wouldn't take long to make the money back. Plus I had a good month so I'm thinking it might be time to pick some new ones up.

SIDENOTE: If anyone has LLL.com's I am currently looking. PM me..

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah both of you guys are right. I just found some gems that aren;t registered and now I just need to figure out if it's worth dropping 5-8k on reg fees today.
hey bro call me 816-738-3633 or pm me your list!!

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so that you can register them before he does? lol
Hey D LOL i don’t play that game !!! I have enough powerful spanish dot com names that keep me busy making money and do this full time!! I’m one of the very few in the spanish world that makes a very nice income!! and i don’t think the ones he wants to reg are real good ones!!

Last edited:

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats a great way to established a relationship with a seller offering domains you're interested in.

which marketing book did you get this strategy from?
Well D its experience !!! it doesn’t really matter ! he wasn’t offering me anything so i just wanted to help him!! not to buy!! hope this answers your question!!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You said common Spanish dictionary words, how common ? Are they usable, commercially viable ?
There mere fact that they are still available should make you think twice. Most likely they aren't that great (unless you plan to develop them and not hope for a sale).

Grab a few but not 1000 imo.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) It sounds like you are using a machine translation tool rather than understanding the language itself.. do not buy on that alone. If you don't understand the language and how a word is used / applied / and in what tense then you are likely to register many worthless domains.

2) Check Exact search volume on Google's Traffic Estimator.. do they show relatively high numbers? If you're seeing these so called great words only showing x, xx, or xxx searches a month then that should tell you right away it might not be that popular.

You mentioned non-latin characters, does this mean you are referring to idns or ascii domains? While many would argue that idns have no value that is absolutely false. Though I would consider a plain ascii spanish domain to be much more in demand. There are a lot of factors that go into knowing what is worth registering and what is not, but in all honesty if you are finding 1000 really good names and they are all available.. they probably aren't that good. Quality names do not get missed in drops.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd think if they're still available to hand reg, they can't be that great or else someone would have taken them by now.

But maybe not, you could pick the best 50 or 100 and test them to see if they have traffic. Or are you buying them for resale down the road only?

sdiggles

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1) It sounds like you are using a machine translation tool rather than understanding the language itself.. do not buy on that alone. If you don't understand the language and how a word is used / applied / and in what tense then you are likely to register many worthless domains.

2) Check Exact search volume on Google's Traffic Estimator.. do they show relatively high numbers? If you're seeing these so called great words only showing x, xx, or xxx searches a month then that should tell you right away it might not be that popular.

They are all dictionary terms. I can't explain exactly the method I used but I assure you these are all words people use and they have exact match searches (over 1k/mnth for all).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom