Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What Is Your Favorite New Gtld?

Domain summit 2024

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting how privileged white men feel like their opinions should always be heard. Even when they are completely wrong. :)

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Furthermore, you can check the usage of any new TLD by searching Google using "site:.tld".
That is not a reliable way of measuring web usage for any TLD. This is because active websites in new gTLDs often forward to primary websites in other TLDs. Some of the stuff I've read about usage in new gTLDs is completely laughable in terms of "methodology" and sheer cargo-cultness of measuring what is and is not an active website. Not every new gTLD is a wasteland or zombie TLD. Some are doing quite well in terms of renewals (a few have higher first year renewal rates than .COM) and usage.

Regard...jmcc

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I simply let go most of them and concentrate buying for .com

You don't have to believe me, just watch your bank account. You will know the answer.

Reaction score
The problem with these new extensions is that not only is the amount registered meagre but the *very* few sales that have occurred have been enough to rope people into paying the registries ridiculous amounts of money for, basically, lottery tickets. I could see value in them developed and producing and it may even help them to be accepted mainstream. Unfortunately they are bought in the hopes of reselling as-is.

Reaction score
I was just looking through google and, although more are developed than I thought, there seems to be with any extension now a hoarding non-development approach. I'm not saying that's wrong because of course that's how many of us make money and the nature of the industry. I just wonder if all extensions are self-dooming by lack of development that would maybe get more mainstream notice and increase the pool of potential buyers.

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with these new extensions is that not only is the amount registered meagre but the *very* few sales that have occurred have been enough to rope people into paying the registries ridiculous amounts of money for, basically, lottery tickets. I could see value in them developed and producing and it may even help them to be accepted mainstream. Unfortunately they are bought in the hopes of reselling as-is.
Domaining in a new TLD is a double edged sword for the registry. It needs to kickstart awareness for a new TLD and domainers do this for free. However, domainers keep potentially development worthy domain names out of general circulation and it is more important for a new TLD to show evidence of development as that drives awareness moreso than domainers. When users see more developed websites in a new TLD, they become aware of the new TLD and may develop sites on it. Only then will any sort of reliable secondary markets develop. Other than that, domain name sales in a new TLD are on a par with burger flipping.

Regards...jmcc

alwaysforGod

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i think .bid has some interesting possibilities

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom