• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
214
I desperately want a domain that looks as if it is about to expire. Someone else owns the snap, but I am a high bidder at NameWinner. I also looked at DropWizard, but I will likely be out of town and out of touch when it drops (if it does)

Two Questions. Anybody have any idea when this should drop, and what would you do to better the chances of getting it?

Registrant:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxxxxxx-DOM)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
US

Domain Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx jayd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Record expires on 10-Jan-2003.
Record created on 09-Jan-1995.
Database last updated on 22-Dec-2002 10:17:14 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS.CYBERWORLD.NET 209.27.3.204
NS2.CYBERWORLD.NET 209.27.3.205
 
unlikely to get it.

1. the owner may renew
2. namewinner bid is likely to increased when you're out of town
3. someone else has a snap
4. you can't get drop wizard
5. how about other big players???

sorry, can't advise.
 
Let me clarify...

I will be on a cruise from Jan 8-20

If the name drops during that time, I will likely be unavailable to do anything about it
 
Originally posted by frontrowmktg
Let me clarify...

I will be on a cruise from Jan 8-20

If the name drops during that time, I will likely be unavailable to do anything about it

The name will probably DROP later than that.
 
Most cruise ships have the internet these days, sorry but that's the best I can add. I would not touch the internet while on a cruise either :)

Also use DropWizard - they often beat SnapNames.
 
frontrowmktg

First of all the vast majority of registrars take at least 30 days till they delete and many take more. It's unlikely to delete before feb 10.

Secondly if you were concerned about the timing with dropwizard you only have to put the name in "after" it expires.

If you or anybody else have special circumstances where you will be out of town and can't enter a name when it expires or will be away when payment is due (assuming we get it) just email me.

Believe me we're here to help:D
 
PS if you'd like to pm me the name I'll try to give you a firmer drop date.

Confidential of course.
 
Thanks gmartin - pm sent
 
FrontRow, pm me the name an I will reg'it then sell it to you for a large profit ! J/K !! :)

But serisously, I have 24 hr drop surveilance and do pretty well in my own drop-waits with a pretty "cushy" window ahead of deleteddomains (I get "first" dibs all the time).

No way I will make a statement here that I will beat or compete with most commercial systems (that would be foolish and show ignorance) but if you would like me to try to monitorit (no promises of course) please feel free to me pm the domain name.

I am not going anywhere in January :( and would be glad to help someone who entertains me with movie trivia!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom