Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Whats the most you've spent on a .mobi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spent $0 on a .mobi and it was the best domain investment that I ever made. Then again I don't know jack sqaut about domaining :)

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$5 on a news channels .mobi :D

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spent 25 cents on a mobi. Registered it when I was drunk, deleted it when I was sober. Cost me a quarter.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spent 25 cents on a mobi. Registered it when I was drunk, deleted it when I was sober. Cost me a quarter.

lol

...and im loving the guys putting $0 like its a badge of old-school-domaining-honor. ;)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$200 for a nice .mobi
Its a secret until i start my patent.
For all of my .mobi, i spent $3,000.

With mobile affiliates i raked in about $400 in the past 3.5 months on:
watashi.mobi (means "me" in Japanese)
Uta.mobi (means "music" in Japanese)
Which affiliate program are you using for mobi?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$200 for a nice .mobi
Its a secret until i start my patent.
For all of my .mobi, i spent $3,000.

With mobile affiliates i raked in about $400 in the past 3.5 months on:
watashi.mobi (means "me" in Japanese)
Uta.mobi (means "music" in Japanese)

I find this hard to believe. In the US there is almost no .mobi traffic. If this is true the .mobites are spitting in the wind.
They should be registering Japanese words .mobi.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find this hard to believe. In the US there is almost no .mobi traffic. If this is true the .mobites are spitting in the wind.

thestates.mobi - uniques 3 - clicks 2 - $0.70 so far in March (2.5 days)

And some Italian keyword .mobis are showing nice month on month increases.

Don't fret though...maybe onr day America might catch up ;-)

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're on your way to becoming a multi-millionaire. :yes:

How do you know I'm not one already?

That example was simply to display that it's not just Japanese names that are turning a profit, and it's a US related name.

TBH, I'm pleasantly suprised by the number of visits my mobis are getting so early on in the game. I didn't expect any at this stage.

I also bought some 'keypad' typos both in .com and .mobi, and they (the .com versions) are getting a few hits, which shows that people are surfing from their phones. If the .coms don't also offer mobile ready content, they will definately lose traffic to sites that do.

Notice: I didn't say they'll lose traffic to .mobi sites.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess its a moot point to me to relate how happy I am that 47 of my mobi's (more than 1/3 of my holdings) got natural type in traffic last month parked at Sedo.

Along with 71 .biz, 1 .cc, 1,431 .com, 2 .eu (moved all of them to NameDrive at beginning of Februrary), 98 .info, 9 .ms, 137 .net, 6 .org, 1 .tw, 71 .us.

I would have to go to Dopa, NameDrive, and Parked to get the other sites to see how the IDN's, .eu, .co.uk, .bz are doing. But there really is not much use as it appears us good ol boys here in the USA are just "spitting in the wind"

Yee Haw...riding off into the sunset, compadre! :deadhorse:

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dunno guys.. i have 1,000 or so mobi's and they dont get no traffic.. i dont see why they would yet tho.. who types in .mobi now?

other domainers or curious people, thats who.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dunno guys.. i have 1,000 or so mobi's and they dont get no traffic.. i dont see why they would yet tho.. who types in .mobi now?

other domainers or curious people, thats who.

I'm not talking about considerable traffic - but each month I'm seeing a little more. And there are some clicks. I have names in other ext's that have good Ovt but don't get any traffic at all - at this stage, a .mobi that gets 10+ uniques a month is very encouraging.

Hell, I've got plenty of .coms that get less...

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea ive made about $7 so far with clicks..heh

out of 500 words and 500 or so NNN/NNNN/L-L/N-N

im richhhh!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about considerable traffic - but each month I'm seeing a little more. And there are some clicks. I have names in other ext's that have good Ovt but don't get any traffic at all - at this stage, a .mobi that gets 10+ uniques a month is very encouraging.

Hell, I've got plenty of .coms that get less...
Amen to that! That ain't my entire portfolio of domain names. Seems to be about 1000 or so that have gotten zilch.

yea ive made about $7 so far with clicks..heh

out of 500 words and 500 or so NNN/NNNN/L-L/N-N

im richhhh!
Looks to me like you need to pass on some of them there gems over here. Don't know why you need all that nonsense to begin with. You know mobi is a deadi alreadi.

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mobi is not bad,I believe in.
I regged about 20 names.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
man some people can be such asses ... what part of speculation has extension restrictions? we are on a domain name forum, no? discussing possibilities, no?

i'm just so tired of hearing their smart ass comments

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm just so tired of hearing their smart ass comments

Why? a dissenting opinion is good for conversation. Would be a pretty boring forum without some heated exchanges now and again.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i doubt that 99% of the mobis get any significant real traffic, any traffic that is there right now is even promotional traffic or just plain fake, this can certainly change in the future, but right now an unpromoted site that claims to have traffic like many that seem to have good traffic on Sedo,
...it seems that some mobi investors start creating some traffic for their mobis as the investments have not paid of yet, I think thats a bad road to go down because it will hurt all mobis and will compromise mobi as a serious tld IMO

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which affiliate program are you using for mobi?

See below...

Believe it. Actually, I dont give a rat's XXX if anyone believes it or not. I dont think its wise to use sedo or any other companies in the like. its a waste of time IMO.
One just needs to make content. It can also be searched in the Japanese mobile website search engines.
Here are just a few Japanese mobile website affiliate programs:
(note that http is not used)
1. hppp://smart-c.jp/
2. hppp://smaf.jp/
3. hppp://affil.jp
4. hppp://keitaiaf.jp/
5. hppp://www.teraaffiliate.net/

etc....... many many more

All you need is a basic mobile website, pop in some links, then bada-bin. Each time a user signs up with one of the mobile websites going through your mobile website, you get a percentage. "Watashi.mobi" (which means "me" for Japanese girls), there are some links to makeup, spas, etc. If they sign up for a $100 package, I get $5~$10. some give 10~25% on $1,000 packages. Japanese people do understand basic words in English and access those more than the japanese. Example: "kutsu" means "shoes". If you have "shoes.mobi" then you will get more traffic from Japan than using "kutsu". There is more relation to English and new technology than Japanese.

Anyways, dont depend on sedo or any other company of the like. i too had my .mobis parked on sedo for a month and got a little traffic. Once i developed simple sites with mobile affiliates, i got more traffic.
Hmmmmmm. makes me wonder if there is a scam with .mobi and sedo.

As i have said many times....... DEVELOP YOUR .MOBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators