• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed What's the relative value of a .us site?? worth regging?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fliplyricist1
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fliplyricist1

Guest
I'm strongly thinking about regging a .us site which gets almost 6 million returns in altavista. Problem is, I don't have much money left before I'm out of money, and 17 bucks for a 2 year .us regg fee would be pushing it for my wallet (broke college student).

So I ask you, are .us sites not worth getting? Even if all the other tildas for that particular name are taken up except for the .us one? What is their relative value as compared to their .com, .net, .org counterparts? I'm looking to make a quick turnaround profit, and like I said it's a popular term.

Just want some info. on .us profitability/outlook. Thanks

**edit: I'm hasty...I just regged the name

www.medianetwork.us for 2 years. Please tell me it was worth more than the 17 bucks :( Thanks for your replies. ***
 
The right names are often worth registering despite the tld, .us, in my opinion is going to be the next hot shot, buy if you can as they are going fast- just spend a few minutes checking on even mediocre names. they are all going.

Check on reg fees as well you should be able to get one year for aroun $7.
 
Originally posted by dotus
The right names are often worth registering despite the tld, .us, in my opinion is going to be the next hot shot, buy if you can as they are going fast- just spend a few minutes checking on even mediocre names. they are all going.

Check on reg fees as well you should be able to get one year for aroun $7.

Thanks for the feedback man. I had no idea...but I knew it was at least better than .ws lol.
 
I also thing the .us industry is going to blow up big. So if it is good get the name.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom