• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Whats this worth?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lindmar

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
173
Reaction score
0
Just out of curiosity...

What would you value this domain at

healthproblems.com
 
Not a great deal, $100 tops maybe...too vague IMO

I get the feeling from the way (and where, ie not in appraisals) you worded the question that you're going to reveal something, like it's just sold for $100k....
 
Wrong section. Post in the Appraisals section please.

Jason
 
nice generic, maybe too generic.
$100
 
guess I am the exception I think it could be worth a great deal to a motivated end user( company who wants an online health advisory site) good luck
 
I'd say low to mid xxx. Does it get much traffic? If you can find a good end user, than low x,xxx's.
 
This thread is funny.

Valuation range from $100 to dozen thousand dollars!

How can people trust these free valuations done in forums when half valuate a name for peanuts and the other half as a Premium domain?

This is a Premium domain scoring 568, this means statistically is worth between 2 and 4K.

The better proof?
admin edit:
No offers here, thanks

...
 
This thread is funny.

Valuation range from $100 to dozen thousand dollars!

How can people trust these free valuations done in forums when half valuate a name for peanuts and the other half as a Premium domain?

This is a Premium domain scoring 568, this means statistically is worth between 2 and 4K.

The better proof?

I am buyer at the reseller price of $500, just PM me.

...

Would you stop with the Premium certified domain scoring system. Its useless, totally useless.

This is a great domain, low-mid X,XXX at the least. Do not sell to Cybertonic for $500, its worth alot more.

Most of the people appraising this domain name for $100 have no idea about domain names, most are newbies. EJS owns alot of great domains and he would know the true value of the domain name, and I personally agree with him. It's funny that you ask that question though. You believe your pathetic scoring system is better than appraisals by actual domainers. Get a life cybertonic...get a life.
 
Exactly what I said Rockefeller, a value between 2 to 4K.
(as you seen our scoring is not so bad as you outline, we found a similar value)

What I proposed to this person was a reseller price if he was interested to sell quickly.
If it's not the case then he just have to list it for sale into a domain marketplace and wait a buyer, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year...

Don't be bad with me, as I am HONNEST, I did not come saying the name worth $100 as some people here!

And please refrain with your "..useless..." thousands domainers do not share your opinion.

...
 
How can people trust these free valuations done in forums when half valuate a name for peanuts and the other half as a Premium domain?

Because many of us have been in the business long enough to determine a price range based on past experiences and watching the market.

Every domain name is unique, no two are alike... so how can you use one scoring system and apply it to every domain name? You cant. No system can do what a human appraisal can do.
 
This is not a sales thread. Please refrain for offers.
 
Would you stop with the Premium certified domain scoring system. Its useless, totally useless.
Any member can use whatever method they want to appraise domains. It's his system, I think he should be able to use it, as long as he is not posting links to it or mentioning the name of the website. He just mentioned the score.
 
Ashaw,

You know very well we do not appraise domains.

We simply calculate a score that sumarizes the metrics every domainer here use to valuate domain names.

As I commented many times here, this score should not be taken as the domain value but as the solid fundation of the valuation, the walls are as you said your experience, your own opinion and your knowledge of the market.

As you seen I given a better appraisal than older domainers here just using the scoring and my small domain experience.

...

Al Pacino,

In fact I did not want to buy the domain.
I am generally only interested to purchase domains of higher value.

I am just tired to see at DNForum and also at NamePros valuations that does not make sense.
Sometimes people who respond simply give the price that pass them through the mind at this moment.
It's funny to see some domainers that never puchased not sell a domain over 5K be guaranteeing domain value of 150K while in the same thread another is saying 10K...
When there is a difference of 99% in the appraisal like here for example, do you feel this look likes serious?
What can newbies think about these appraisals?


The fact I offered to purchase the domain was just a way to say:
- Hey, I really looked at your domain and tried to make a serious valuation. As a proof I am willing to pay you the reseller value (appraisal/10) of the domain.

...
 
The fact I offered to purchase the domain was just a way to say:
- Hey, I really looked at your domain and tried to make a serious valuation. As a proof I am willing to pay you the reseller value (appraisal/10) of the domain.

...

Don't do that.
 
Remember I am stopping smoke and I have an humor these last days ...

LOL

Sorry if I was a bit rude.

...
 
This is becoming a humorous thread. Very entertaining.

Good questions, good points.

Jasdon thinks he is being set up, Jason is coming out swinging, Cybertonic is / is not and making an offer, Rock slaps him, Pacino slaps Rock and both Cyber for slapping each other, and Cyber is quitting smoking.

Good stuff. Funny stuff.

Appaisal? Broad term, general health issues, generic subject matter and terms...a tough one to nail down and THUS the xx to XXXX valuations of only which I can agree, with the exception that we can eliminate the xx.
 
LOL... funny.. ok seriously, all future replies, please appraise the domain.
 
Hello Lindmar,

I think your domain HealthProblems.com is consistent with the quality of domains currently selling in the 10k to 20k range undeveloped. I think it could be worth far more with a good business plan for development.

I see you have it listed for sale with an asking price of 750k. I can only assume that you are not in any hurry to sell.

Best of luck to you,

Showcase
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom