Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom What's up with this? Transferred names remain in account after transfer?d I left Enom

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I transferred a .US domain to Godaddy.. I only use Godaddy for CC TLD's that Fabulous doesn't support.

Anyway, it was transferred within 5 days and the domain is still showing in my Enom account, I can even make changes but the changes wouldn't work.

4 names left in my account counting this one, the other 3 will be dropping.. So glad I left.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with Enom.

I still show multiple domains in my control panel that have not been there for a long time.

Brad

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many registrars have sync issues like this. They fail to update their records after domains have been transfered.
This is one more reason why you should maintain your own list of domains with current dates and registrars.

Some registrars will actually try to bill you for renewal of domains that are no longer with them.
Personally, I think bugs like these represent a security risk. Domain renewal could fail too, and their scripts might not catch the error. Then one day you notice your name has lapsed and was taken by somebody else. Things like that did and do happen. Such stories have been posted around here.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Many registrars have sync issues like this. They fail to update their records after domains have been transfered.
This is one more reason why you should maintain your own list of domains with current dates and registrars.

Some registrars will actually try to bill you for renewal of domains that are no longer with them.
Personally, I think bugs like these represent a security risk. Domain renewal could fail too, and their scripts might not catch the error. Then one day you notice your name has lapsed and was taken by somebody else. Things like that did and do happen. Such stories have been posted around here.

This is a first for me, I've been with Enom for well over 15 years and this is the first it's happened, Domains might stay in there a couple days at most, but over a week?..

Like you Katherine, I'm always suspicious when things like this occur and go uncorrected. Whether it's a bug, only Enom knows... If your suggesting this is being done by other registrars to generate revenue, I wouldn't be surprised.

Thanks for the info :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is a first for me, I've been with Enom for well over 15 years

Fact check: The domain registration market did not open up until late 1999.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Fact check: The domain registration market did not open up until late 1999.

I was guessing, I know it was shortly after the Registry was created... My conscious told me if I wrote 15 years somebody look into when Enom opened it's doors, needless to say I need to listen to my conscious more and not guess.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Raider - It could be a ghost record? It happens alot with registrars. Feel free to email me the info and I'll have it looked into for you!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I was guessing, I know it was shortly after the Registry was created... My conscious told me if I wrote 15 years somebody look into when Enom opened it's doors, needless to say I need to listen to my conscious more and not guess.

I know, it feels like it's been 25 years since sending my first email :p It's only been 24 actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom