• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed When the name you really want comes up for sale on DNF - BMWForum.ca

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2003
Messages
6,459
Reaction score
3
I had been checking this name over the past few months that I really wanted to develop and it had been registered for quite a while...I wasn't ready to pay a fortune for it, I just thought it would be perfect for building a community on. Today I found it for sale on DNF at a reasonable price and snatched it up :-)

Anyone else had a similar experience?
 
Awesome. Yes I have, and I have to say it's a great feeling. :-)

Care to share what name it was now that you just took posession of it?

The worst though is when you see the name you've been eyeing for a while go up on auction and get bid way more than you are willing to pay. Those are the names you'll never get unfortunately except in the rare case of an accidental drop.. and even then, chances are if it's that good it will go to a drop auction and you'll miss it again. :-D

Best case scenario is what you described though. :-)
 
Yes I have had that happen and skipped a heart beat. The community is bigger then you think.
 
The name hasn't been transferred yet (but the seller is a well known member of the forum) - I'll release the name once its in my account.

dcristo: ssshhhhhh :-)
 
haha, how about sending a low offer for a domain via sedo or something (trying to be anonymous) and get a pm from the person on DNF telling you they know you sent the offer and would consider developing it now........ has happened a few times now
 
well anyways, transfer was just completed:

<BMWForum.ca> was the name...
 
Good job, nice name
 
lol, why was my post edited?

Am I not allowed to disclose the name I bought?

There is no website up, I didn't link the domain to get traffic or anything like that. That is ridiculous!
 
GT Web said:
lol, why was my post edited?

Am I not allowed to disclose the name I bought?

There is no website up, I didn't link the domain to get traffic or anything like that. That is ridiculous!


This is not the place to post your domains.

We would have everyone who bought or recently acquired a domain posting it here.

You know the rules...follow them!

If you want to tell everyone about a name you got, then post in appraisal section and include all your comments on how you got it and how long you've been wanting it.

Thanks
 
biggedon said:
This is not the place to post your domains.

We would have everyone who bought or recently acquired a domain posting it here.

You know the rules...follow them!

If you want to tell everyone about a name you got, then post in appraisal section and include all your comments on how you got it and how long you've been wanting it.

Thanks

With all due respect, the members were just having a respectful discussion, and there wasn't any attempt as far as I can see, for him to gain exposure for his domain. As well, if he just stated that he's been waiting forever to acquire this name, I highly doubt that he's trying to sell it via this thread.

Lighten up. This is getting ridiculous.
 
daddypi said:
With all due respect, the members were just having a respectful discussion, and there wasn't any attempt as far as I can see, for him to gain exposure for his domain. As well, if he just stated that he's been waiting forever to acquire this name, I highly doubt that he's trying to sell it via this thread.

Lighten up. This is getting ridiculous.

Agreed.

So we're not allowed to list any names we own except for in the advertising/sales section? Better edit about 50,000 posts then. If we can't discuss names we own without getting our posts edited DNF goes down the tubes.

I am not going to sell this name - eventually I will develop it, but I am certainly not looking for offers of any kind in this thread.
 
Turns out I didnt have to edit my post GT. That was pretty harsh if you ask me, it's apparent he wasn't spamming.
 
GT, I will offer you 1 million for that name forum name you just got. See, you shouldn't have posted it here. Here you are getting offers already.

Just kidding man. GL with your upcoming site. :regular_smile:
 
I thought you could talk about anything here too... Not to be a smarty-pants, but maybe the forum description should read...

"Platinum Lounge on dnforum.com. This is a private forum available to Platinum and Exclusive members to discuss anything you wish. No advertising. Anything excludes (list of banned things here).

:dead:
 
Just my 2 cents, but what's the difference in talking about a name you aquired and/or having it in your signature?
 
Moved to the right section. Good Luck
 
Thanks for moving it POLiSH.

This isn't really the right spot for it...but its better than being locked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom