Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

When will LL2 for .info be decided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole who has mole.info ?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's a silly name, nic. moles don't give info.

Well, you know who has nic.info.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes afilias does, damn them ! lol
:)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck on your guitar.info, Tee.

Whenever I look at the 17,000 LL2 names, the damage done by sunrise cheats is just amazing. No wonder .info didn't get off as it should have.

T

Tee

:laugh:

Thanks buddy.

Good luck with your two names and your info/biz advertising basket!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
Greed kills.

Sure does, Tee.

I am starting to collect .com now ahahahhahahahhaaaaaaaaaa. When will it all stop???

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I hear (from directnic), that monday the 15th is the lucky day.
Now does anyone know when lr3 will be decided?

Latest word from the registry is we might have the results on Friday...

-t

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Top up your credit cards beforehand :)

skylark

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, heard from PSI-Japan that registrars will know which names they have Sunday. Here's a real landrush nightmare for you: I'm after about 50 names. All my "tickets" in place in over 15 registrars throughout the world, thinking all I had to do was relax and see what the results might be . . . but guess what. Wednesday (7/10) I got a letter from the FDIC telling me that the Nextcard Bank had failed and was closed down - and that all of their credit cards accounts are now closed and will accept no new charges as of July 10th! You guessed it . . . 80% of my apps had that credit card on it!!! Worked through the night faxing, e-mailing and today calling everywhere in the world to put in place different credit card! If I hadn't checked my mail I would have lost all chances! Thank Goodness for the typical few days delay in afilias forwarding to registrars.

"Exhausted but looking forward to the fun". (Internet isn't everything is it?)
Good Luck to All!
Skylark

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow skylark, your worldwide chase to give out new card details really gives new meaning to the phrase 'Next Card'.

And 50 names at approx $40 each with 15 registrars - we're talking a very sizeable amount of captured funds here.

I wasn't as organized as you, due in no small part to there not being sufficient funds to capture from my card in the first place, LOL.

So I acted like mole and drilled down to two key names I would like to have, and bid on them through NameWinner, NicGenie and Directi, while getting in as early as possible with SpyProductions at a fixed $40.

I got in a few early shots over at AllDomains at a fixed $100, but I was shooting from the hip and hadn't really looked carefully for better available names at that time (and so I'm hoping they miss a few of the crap ones I booked with them).

Crap.info being one of them, LOL.

T

Tee

I went through something similar to what you did skylark during .info lr1 when a week or so before the draw my debit card sends me a discreet little email saying that all cards are now void due to hacker theft. I was calling registrars for days all over the world. I was unsuccessful in one instance in getting the credit card info changed but they didn't score so it worked out ok. Luckily, the landrush was delayed so I had time to get it all fixed but at first I could have had a heart attack.

I'm glad I didn't use next card because I don't know if I could go through that again.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by skylark
Yep, heard from PSI-Japan that registrars will know which names they have Sunday. Here's a real landrush nightmare for you: I'm after about 50 names. All my "tickets" in place in over 15 registrars throughout the world, thinking all I had to do was relax and see what the results might be . . . but guess what. Wednesday (7/10) I got a letter from the FDIC telling me that the Nextcard Bank had failed and was closed down - and that all of their credit cards accounts are now closed and will accept no new charges as of July 10th! You guessed it . . . 80% of my apps had that credit card on it!!! Worked through the night faxing, e-mailing and today calling everywhere in the world to put in place different credit card! If I hadn't checked my mail I would have lost all chances! Thank Goodness for the typical few days delay in afilias forwarding to registrars.

"Exhausted but looking forward to the fun". (Internet isn't everything is it?)
Good Luck to All!
Skylark

Everything happens for a reason Sky....
maybe you are LUCKY....Not Unlucky.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by skylark
Yep, heard from PSI-Japan that registrars will know which names they have Sunday.

skylark, when you say Sunday, do you mean Sunday in Japan or in the US? Does anyone have any further info on .info announcement?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any time now, ahahahaa.. the anticipation of the new born.

skylark

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
skylark, when you say Sunday, do you mean Sunday in Japan or in the US? Does anyone have any further info on .info announcement?
---------------------------
Robert (Bob) Connell told me by e-mail "We've been told that we won't have the success results till 14 July.". Bob is often in the US so don't read it as meaning "Japan time". Also, this doesn't mean the results will be available to the public at that time. The registrars need time to process the information and I suspect the whois will start showing late Sunday or early Monday - with the last landrush I discovered that the names were showing before afilias even had a chance to change their website to announce that the whois was available. Just keep typing in your favorite "hope-to-get" domain name in the whois and you'll be the first to discover what's what. Soon thereafter the web jam will start. I know from another registrar that some registrars know they have a number of names acquired but don't know which and to whom yet.
Skylark;) ;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators