Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

When will LL2 for .info be decided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>Just keep typing in your favorite "hope-to-get" domain name in the whois and you'll be the first to discover what's what.

Almost matches the World Cup buildup to the finals :) Thanks for the update skylark and good luck to everyone !

skylark

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As of approximately 9 p.m. EST. Results are showing in the Afilias WHOIS.
Got some good names. Hope you do to!
Skylark

skylark

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay folks, there was apparently a small "window" from 9-9:45 p.m. EST Saturday during which I was able to search all my names. Suddenly now, many of the names are now reverting to "Pending Distribution" text. Keep trying!

I got six names I wanted. Hope you all did well. Pop the champaign!
Skylark

It appears they loaded up the whois database before telling the registrars - causes customers to be a bit impatient :). We have customers asking us for their passwords to manage their domains, and they are not in the OpenSRS system yet, and probably will not be until late in the day on Monday!

-t

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn!! I did not get any of the domains I applied. My chances were rather slim anyway. Only applied for 3 domains using one registrar. :) Better luck to the rest of you!!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stuff it, didn't get anything. Stuff it:sad:

skylark

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested:
I've been analyzing my results based on ticket placement. I had various tickets:
None of the names in which I had 4 or less exclusive tickets locked up were successful. However, of the fourteen names in which I had from 5-11 exclusive entries locked up I acquired:
1 name from eleven exclusive tickets
1 from 10 exclusive tickets
2 from 8 exclusive tickets
2 from 5 exclusive tickets

AND justice feels good. A ticket I submitted to PSI-Japan in landrush ONE which was stolen by illegal trademark claims was re-entered by PSI-Japan in landrush 2. This time I got it!
Now I have to hope the registrars really recorded my credit card change! Unfortunately, "It aint' over for me" till I'm sure the payments are safely recorded.
Skylark

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats Sky!

What names did you get?

skylark

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Mole!

Names?

DENTIST.INFO
YOUR.INFO
FORYOUR.INFO
(I already own 4your.info so this is a nice clean sweep)
SEND.INFO
CLICK.INFO
ADOPT.INFO

I'm a bit worried about FORYOUR.INFO - sent a fax just now re-stating my need to change credit card number! ( I know a bit of German but am hardly fluent!)
I was really expecting to get portfolio.info (had 10 exclusive tickets - but is my main disappointment).

I also have a friend that I own a "half-interest" in the three domains he acquired (he followed my advice about how/where to submit) but I won't give them out without his permission.
Skylark

T

Tee

Great names Skylark! I got zero this time around. I tried hard but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I got some decent names the first time so I can't say I'm totally disappointed - at least it is over and now and I can begin the credit my credit card hell. IMO, I think .info is as good as it gets in a .com world so its all been worth it at least to me.

Good luck and best wishes for every success guys!!!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, really kick arse names you have there, Sky !

Congrats!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Tee, sorry to hear that :sad: You deserve better sigh.

I didn't get any names too, but yeah, we did well the first time round.

Now that all the great .info names are freed to be developed, wowzee.

Richard Henderson got history.info. Wow!

I have no doubt that .info will kick arse. The address just begs to be developed.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats skylark - great catches !! Commiserations to kvinsencius, mole and tee. About to check if my luck was in.

skylark

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tee, Mole and Fizz
This excursion into domain names has been great fun and I've learned a lot! I'm also relieved it's all over. It's the last landrush for me. Time to get on with real life.

Yes Tee, we all have 60 days from charges showing up on credit statements to inititate "forced" refunds under fair credit reporting act. I was overly aggressive in getting refunds in landrush 1. Ended up getting credit from credit card and then credit from registrar and then reverse credit for over credit . . . very confusing. This time I'm going to wait a little closer to the sixty day limit before "clobbering" registrars with formal credit reversals through credit card company.
Skylark

T

Tee

He got poetry.info too!

Good for him!!

Hey, you can make mad money online with a good strategy and a little work. A few good domains and a plan never hurt anybody I'm sure!

Good luck buddy!!

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tee. No luck with the top three I was gunning for - onto checking the smaller names...

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Tee. Making money is not that difficult on the web if you put in the time and commitment. Look at Bid and Makh.

What a journey this .info thing has been, it's coming to 2 years now since I first started getting into this thing. phew:eek: Glad all that mess is over and all the good names have been unlocked.

There are still quite a few still locked in no man's land eg. media.info, we'll see.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck, fizz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators