Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Which extension(s) best for investing? [May vote for more than one]

Best Extension(s) For Investment? [May vote for more than one]

• .COM

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • .NET

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • .ORG

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • .INFO

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • .BIZ

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • .CO.UK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .DE

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • .US

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • .TV

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (please specify below in thread)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My theory on the current results

For business, .biz will always be second rate little brother to .com for commercial use which both are highly associated.

.info has a good chance at true informational domains where it really makes sense. It doesn't mean they can't be commerical (where the money is), but are more likely geared to selling knowledge than a specific product or company.

.org with the new operators will discourage commercial use making it the back alley for a commercial enterprise instead of main street.

.us will be big for companies who missed the .com but who really don't want to sell internationally anyway. It gives a more local hometown patriotic feeling to the name.

I thougt .net would get a boost from the Microsoft push on .Net software technology. Now that they are dropping the .net term I think that will not happen.

as of this opinion:
.COM 32 28.83%
.NET 16 14.41%
.ORG 7 6.31%
.INFO 23 20.72%
.BIZ 6 5.41%
.CO.UK 0 0%
.DE 2 1.80%
.US 23 20.72%
.TV 2 1.80%
Other (please specify below in thread) 0 0%

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just joined up with DNForum. Good discussion. I am going to have to chime in with kidkool's assessment, however. There are still some good finds in the .com world if you watch carefully for drops and deletes. I would rather spend my time and money purchasing a .com than .info or .biz. And fortunately, now is a great time to snatch up a lot of good ones coming down the chute. Why waste time with other TLDs that are clearly second rate to .com.

It's like VHS and Beta video tapes... Beta was clearly superior in video quality, but VHS was first to market and had better marketing. And today everyone uses VHS. Beta is a goner. If I was a video store owner in 1984, I would have regretted stocking up on Beta tapes awaiting the new Beta revolution, even if they were cheaper or better film quality than VHS.

Did that analogy make any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom