Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Which facts/figures/statistics make domains more valuable than others?

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
Aside from THE BIG ONES
clear.png
:cool: such as L-LL-LLL-LLLL .com, dictionary words, geo domains, category killers, pronounceable/brandable names, end-user potential, etc.

What else, in your opinion makes a domain valuable to potential buyers?

-M

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aside from THE BIG ONES :cool: such as L-LL-LLL-LLLL .com, dictionary words, geo domains, category killers, pronounceable/brandable names, end-user potential, etc.

What else, in your opinion makes a domain valuable to potential buyers?

-M

Hi

seems like you covered all the areas of demand

still, within those categories, some may not have value or as much value as one would think.....just because they fall within one of the groups above.

for example
many claim their names are "brandable", when the domain itself is barely pronouceble at the extreme
or they'll stick two words together that don't compliment each other or enhance the usage potential

their are some LLLL com that are only good for reselling to other domainers, who just came in the game looking to buy in, this category
same with a few LLL.com, where if they are not chips or western and have minimal acronym usage...... they get passed around the same entry level crew that's wanting to covet a 3 letter.com

i know...cuz at one time, I too coveted some too :)

even in the dictionary word space, there are words that have no commercial viability. where their only usage is a site explaining what the word means.

but i think common sense words, terms and potential brandables always win over domains that have to be explained to the reader..... where the usage or implications are not obvious.
and also domains with inherent traffic and those with backlinks, have value to potential buyers

in the end though, i think domains that "speak for themselves" are more valuable than domains that don't.

imo....

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

seems like you covered all the areas of demand

still, within those categories, some may not have value or as much value as one would think.....just because they fall within one of the groups above.

for example
many claim their names are "brandable", when the domain itself is barely pronouceble at the extreme
or they'll stick two words together that don't compliment each other or enhance the usage potential

their are some LLLL com that are only good for reselling to other domainers, who just came in the game looking to buy in, this category
same with a few LLL.com, where if they are not chips or western and have minimal acronym usage...... they get passed around the same entry level crew that's wanting to covet a 3 letter.com

i know...cuz at one time, I too coveted some too :)

even in the dictionary word space, there are words that have no commercial viability. where their only usage is a site explaining what the word means.

but i think common sense words, terms and potential brandables always win over domains that have to be explained to the reader..... where the usage or implications are not obvious.
and also domains with inherent traffic and those with backlinks, have value to potential buyers

in the end though, i think domains that "speak for themselves" are more valuable than domains that don't.

imo....

Very detailed response good sir. Thank you!

I was unaware that backlinks were valuable, I mostly look for simple, brandable domains with large online presence & CPC potential so I'll take this into consideration as well. :D

-M

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the value in a backlink is.....
where it's placed on the linked website,
the content of that site,
number of visitors to that site
how many times that backlink is clicked
how many times will the visitor click on your site/page, after clicking the backlink on that linked website

and...there is always the possibility that the webmaster of that site, may remove your link at anytime.

still, some people eye them, as a volume of links, increases chances of click thru rate

:)

imo....

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
the value in a backlink is.....
where it's placed on the linked website,
the content of that site,
number of visitors to that site
how many times that backlink is clicked
how many times will the visitor click on your site/page, after clicking the backlink on that linked website

and...there is always the possibility that the webmaster of that site, may remove your link at anytime.

still, some people eye them, as a volume of links, increases chances of click thru rate

:)

imo....

Ahh, I see. Backlinks aren't essential to a sale but rather, add a little extra flair if chosen correctly.
Great advice, thank you :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom