Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Which webhosting company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cold_ko said:
I think i will go with "Yahoo hosting" they have all what i wanted, they have made lot of changes (3rd party tools and marketing) since last 2 months i checked them.

Hostgator, not for me, their Cpanel is web-based, and you can't take your web contents away from them easily
I wouldn't touch any of Yahoo's web services (domain names / hosting). Why are you so concerned with moving content away from HostGator? HG is one of the best names in the industry.

You'll regret your decision to go with Yahoo, IMO.

cold_ko

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
webfreak said:
I wouldn't touch any of Yahoo's web services (domain names / hosting). Why are you so concerned with moving content away from HostGator? HG is one of the best names in the industry.

You'll regret your decision to go with Yahoo, IMO.

I need someone to give a reason why
-wouldn't touch yahoo hosting (i'll do domain register with my daddy,....)?
-why i shouldn't i be able to move my business freely? what makes them better than yahoo, i see yahoo have alomst everything that they have, plus stand-alone web designing?

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ServerBeach seems to be great, im about to get a machine there with them.

cold_ko

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think people don't understand my need, i don't want to get into domain selling and buying business, i am looking for great tools to improve my web business

cold_ko

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see no one give valid reason as to why not to with Yahoo sit builder and hosting?

I check mydaddy.com is very cheap despite being very reputable, i don't like their site builder

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
webfreak said:
Servage.net is a joke.

No reliable provider can offer
75 GB disk space / 600 GB data transfer
for $7.95

Major oversellers, IMO.

I am going to try them in the next day or two to see how they are. I will try to provide a review.

Keep in mind when you are buying buget hosting like this not to use it as your primary hosting account. I am only using it to host a couple of smaller sites that aren't able to be hosted elsewhere due to the AUP of other hosts.

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I am going to try them in the next day or two to see how they are. I will try to provide a review.

Keep in mind when you are buying buget hosting like this not to use it as your primary hosting account. I am only using it to host a couple of smaller sites that aren't able to be hosted elsewhere due to the AUP of other hosts.
2 days is nothing. A review of any merit requires at least six months, IMO.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
webfreak said:
2 days is nothing. A review of any merit requires at least six months, IMO.

In the next day or two, not for two days. :boink: Re-read the post. :pop2:

cold_ko

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm decided to go woth hostgator, because of favoured Cpanel and SiteStudio
and many PHP scripts fantasico, they seem to have gained so much popularity
since Established in 2002

But i found there are so much complain about them also, So what's the catch
about them attracting some many customers?

Hell of negative reviews here, you will be surprised
http://www.webhostingtalk.net/search.php?searchid=966543

sleddogrob

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but is not all CPanel web based? Are you looking for msoft hosting or unix hosting?

I have been using hostgator for years and have never had a problem. They also host over 200 000 domains so I think they must be doing something right.

cold_ko

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Selledogrop,

I heard it's bit difficult to move your designed website to another host?
Can someone explain how is this?

Borghunter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use Dreamhost.com and they're very good, take your suggestions seriously and even implement some great things, they don't use cPanel, they have their own home-brewed panel, it's cheap too, $7.95 per month

P.S. I can get you a deal, but i'm not going to post the code here, I'll get in trouble. PM me if interested, gets you $70 off the first year

sleddogrob

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cold_ko,

The site builder that is on hostgator is SohoLaunch. You can actually go to their site and check the program out, just add a dot com to the name above. It is hard to move because it uses MySql database. The program is like a online ms frontpage.

Be advised that to the best of my knowledge any hosting company that offers cpanel and soholaunch you get a stripped down version of what the package can really do. So no shopping cart or memberships etc.. You have to pay soholaunch not your hosting company to get the extra bells and whistles

If you are a savvy with backups and making databases etc your site can be moved to another hosting company that uses CPanel and has soholauch enabled.

Along with soholaunch hostgator has something called template express. There are about 60 templates that are ready to go and these do not use MySql so you can move them with out a problem. Some of them are actually really nice.

Hope that helps oh and if I remember correctly hostgator will give you a refund if you are not happy after the first 30 days....

Just checked they still do

We offer 24/7/365 phone support, 99.9% uptime, and have a 30 day money back guarantee.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
webfreak said:
No reliable provider can offer
75 GB disk space / 600 GB data transfer
for $7.95

GoDaddy offers "50 GB Space" and "500 GB Transfer" for $6.99 a month. Are prices like these loss leaders?

cold_ko

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sleddogrob said:
cold_ko,

The site builder that is on hostgator is SohoLaunch. You can actually go to their site and check the program out, just add a dot com to the name above. It is hard to move because it uses MySql database. The program is like a online ms frontpage.
I was told they are using sitestudio? which you prefer for what reaaons?
what if i save all similar works in my desktop Mysql server, actualy my database will not be big

Be advised that to the best of my knowledge any hosting company that offers cpanel and soholaunch you get a stripped down version of what the package can really do. So no shopping cart or memberships etc.. You have to pay soholaunch not your hosting company to get the extra bells and whistles
Approximate how much i have to pay for shpping carts and what's is memberships?

If you are a savvy with backups and making databases etc your site can be moved to another hosting company that uses CPanel and has soholauch enabled.
How you make backup of your database, because i was told it remains in Hostgator server

Along with soholaunch hostgator has something called template express. There are about 60 templates that are ready to go and these do not use MySql so you can move them with out a problem. Some of them are actually really nice.
Actualy my main focuse is, to use mysql

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been using 1&1 since 12/05 for my 200 domains and they are terrific...

You can get the developer Package for $19.95/mo which includes MS .NET, MS SQL, Unlimited websites...

I love these guys! Plus the cheapest to reg domain names I have found - $5.99

sleddogrob

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Cold_Ko

I forgot you can have Sitestudio installed. This package is not included with the generic CPanel. You actually have to ask Hostgator to install it on your domain. Unlike SohoLaunch. I am sorry I have not used SiteStudio before. So I guess you have your choice with Template Express, SohoLaunch and SiteStudio

I just might have to have them install it on one of domains and check it out.
I just had a look over at Hostgator and you can demo sitestudio if you like.

My apologies as I totally forgot you could have sitestudio installed.

cold_ko

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks selddogrob for being responsive, so there are three web building plateforms, I'll check them out soon.

Further comments appriciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom